I have a confession

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I have a confession

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:53 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 4:04 pm #125672
    I have a confession

I have mild acne. I use online dating a lot, not because of this, but because it’s convenient. In all of my photos, you can’t really tell I have acne. I didn’t plan this, I just don’t have a very nice camera. Should I worry about this? I think I might be exaggerating the problem a little, some people I know have it worse, and I’m pretty sure I’m still generally attractive, but I still have it. I guess I have a couple of questions:

Will a girl kiss/go out with a guy with mild acne? Is there a point to meeting these girls, if I know I’m physically disappointing?
    At what age does it become a deal breaker?
    Should I make it more apparent on my dating accounts?

I’m thinking that maybe it’s not that big of a deal, now that I’m writing this. I’ve met girls this way, and it’s gone fine, and they wanted to see me again. It wasn’t a deal breaker. I guess I’m just panicking a little because I have a first date today, and it looks a little worse than usual. I would like some input, though.

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 4:22 pm #125679

As a man, your looks aren’t your value.

Confidence is your value. And if something like spots is effecting your confidence, then maybe it’s a good idea to get it sorted.

I would suggest seeing your doctor and requesting “accutane”.

I used to get a lot of spots as a teenager, and it really used to aggravate me. The doctor put me on lots of different pathetic drugs, and gave me lots of lame advice that all did absolutely nothing.

Then, someone told me to insist to the doctor that I wanted to see a proper dermatologist about accutane. So, I did that.

These days, I only get the odd spot here or there. It’s nothing.

I strongly recommend it.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 5:17 pm #125702

acne will not be the dealbreaker for a female (well.. for any female you will want to stick with anyway).
    F1 is right.. confidence is your biggest desriable trait and IS the biggest dealbreaker for females.

acne is something that will go away and can have something done to fix it so no worries on that. We all go thru it at some point in our lives especially younger years so don’t be too self conscious about it.

also i woudl encourage you not to depend on any 1 type of way to meet people.. never overlook the goldmine that is real day every day life as to meeting people too.

Good luck!

E3ZY219
    Participant
    February 3, 2017 at 10:08 pm #125712

I agree with F1end says. I have learned that you cannot dwell on your looks, since this is something you cannot change. You have to work with what you have. However, confidence is something you can build up with practice. I have been practicing for a while now, and I am not getting that much better, but I am at least headed towards the right direction, which is something you can do as well.

jillianfrances
    Participant
    February 4, 2017 at 12:12 am #125718

Eh acne shouldn’t matter , if she really likes you she won’t care!!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    February 4, 2017 at 7:15 pm #125730

Responding specifically to F1end’s comment, I’m familiar with accutane. But I’ve known people personally who’ve used it and had really bad side effects, so I’ve been avoiding it. But at some point I may give in.

And to everyone in general, I think your right. I’ve always been self-conscious about it, but like I said, it looked worse than usual yesterday, and yet the date still went really well. We’ve already made plans to see each other again in a few days.

Anonymous
    February 11, 2017 at 12:37 am #126557

Agree about confidence, that is what really appreciated by women. But if your acne bothers you to feel attractive, why not trying to get rid of it? Here is some useful info about it https://healthyskinadviser.com/ . Good luck!

Mr.J
    Participant
    February 12, 2017 at 4:09 am #126588

The first thing you have to keep in mind is this ” No matter who are just be proud of being you.”.
    Even me if I were in your situation, I probably get conscious to what looks I have.
    Maybe it may sounds funny but, you have to get used to it, the way how you looks 🙂
    If you can take your acne out then good, just atleast lessen the feeling of being conscious with it.

FarahAbbas
    Participant
    February 12, 2017 at 5:23 am #126589

Honestly…this is no big deal. You shouldnt be after a girl who wouldnt for this reason.

nryan97
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 9:33 am #126657
    Reply To: I have a confession

Yes