I have a (strange?) problem

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:25 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MoodyBin
    Participant
    June 24, 2016 at 8:17 am #103985

Recently, I noticed mine problem when it comes to talking with girls. I am not the best person at explaining things so I will try:
    When there is a girl I like, I get pretty “sad” when she talks with other guys. It is not excatly sadness, but I just tell to myself something like: “When there are guys with which she gets along so well, how do I stand a chance?”. It’s typically when I see a girl for the first time(s) and I am attracted, but hey, there is a guy talking with her already. How can I know if he isn’t dating her alreadyr? On the other hand, he can be just her friend, there could be nothing going on at all.
    Sometimes, the girl is alone and I am able to talk to her. But then, I see her somewhere else with another guy – he probably knows her for way longer time than me, and at that moment I just want to give up.
    I know this kind of approach is NOT good, but it feels like there are 2 persons inside me, one telling me to give up and the other one telling me to keep trying.

MoodyBin
    Participant
    June 24, 2016 at 8:19 am #103986

So, what should I change? Is there anything I can do with this? Should I just start ignoring any guys talking with her or something like that? I welcome any advice, on opinion

dhect3
    Participant
    June 24, 2016 at 11:36 am #104005

Work on improving yourself and not by worrying

orangepancake
    Participant
    June 26, 2016 at 5:20 pm #104103

I know exactly where you’re coming from here and it’s not a strange problem. I guess it’s all down to lack of confidence, which is something I’ve suffered from all my life. But you have to get over the fact that girls can (and do) talk to guys and it means nothing. Just be natural, don’t try and act better than anyone else – she’ll see straight through that.

rasputinsix
    rasputinsix
    Participant
    June 26, 2016 at 10:38 pm #104107

Put yourself in the woman’s shoes. Would you want to be with someone who felt sad or not good enough whenever you talked to other men? I mean, heaven forbid she has friends of the opposite sex. Work on your own issues and how to trust someone. Because if you fell in love with someone and actually trusted her, it wouldn’t matter if she was talking to persons of the opposite sex.For all you know, she’s having a platonic conversation with other people (who just so happened to be male).

MoodyBin
    Participant
    June 28, 2016 at 9:41 am #104098

@dhect3 what excatly do you mean? I think I don’t understand
    Also, no one anything? Just a small advice? Anyone?

LemonSqueezy
    Participant
    June 28, 2016 at 9:59 am #104185

Look dude, I know that when she talks to other men that makes you jealous, I have that same problem too. But I ignore it. Text her sometimes, call her sometimes, be with her whenever she wants someone there for her, and most importantly of all, DON’T SHOW TOO MUCH INTEREST IN HER, because, if you show too much interest then she’d lose interest in you, just try to be yourself and don’t show too much interest, ask how she’s doing sometimes, but not all the time

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  LemonSqueezy.

tanalea
    Participant
    June 28, 2016 at 8:01 pm #104215

just work wrok

king_gbun
    Participant
    June 29, 2016 at 4:21 pm #104253

All you need to do is practice and work on your problem