I have been seeing two people but want to let one go

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:34 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

geedwardo
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 3:57 pm #100013

I’I started seeing someone and we were dating for several months. I felt that the relationship had run its course and he went away for a couple of weeks on travels and I was to tell him when he came back. Whilst he was away I met up with someone I had been speaking to prior. We spent a weekend together. When the person I was dating came home i told him I couldn’t pursue the dating anymore. He asked me why things had changed and in my eyes there were two reasons. The fact that I felt the relationship had run its course and second that I had seen someone behind his back that I didn’t intend to at first to be anything serious but not I feel it is. I finished things and bought things to a close but he was persistent in asking me if there was anyone else and I said no because didn’t want to hurt him and I didn’t feel there was any benefit because I wanted to finish things anyway. I now feel extremely guilty and a bad person but do I tell the person I broke up with there is someone else ?

May 10, 2016 at 1:15 pm #100067

No. That will only throw acid on the wound. Just stand your ground firmly that things are through and you’re moving on.