I have discovered that I hate dating..anyone else?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Steebly
    Steebly
    Participant
    October 10, 2015 at 5:21 pm #86762

Yeah its official the more dating I do or try to do the more I hate it. Why do you think that is?

evansj023
    evansj023
    Participant
    October 15, 2015 at 12:35 pm #86918

That’s a good question, I think for me its about feeling like wasting time. I put a lot of energy in people I care about and when I get rejection, for example, its more like I just feel more powerful when I am alone. If you do a lot of dating, but are not getting anywhere, its obvious that hating it will be on your mind. You might even feel hate toward the whole gender, not just the concept sometimes; feeling like they are “all the same”.

evansj023
    evansj023
    Participant
    October 15, 2015 at 12:38 pm #86919

My girl just broke up with me 2 days ago (why I joined on here to get advice), because she went from being an angel, to just not liking anything about me at all it seems. And this is after over a year of dating. Her 2 year old loves me to death, and I have bend over mountains to help her out in all aspects of a relationship. Even now, I am waiting for her to call me back so we can talk about why it all went bad….. Its like she just snapped from loving to who the F cares anymore.

She says its because I cant accept that her babies father is still in her life. And living with her btw….she let him move in to save money on rent and for her daughters sake…. long story, but when you break it all down trusting anyone is nearly impossible now days.

Zachml
    Participant
    October 15, 2015 at 3:57 pm #86928

I think things have complicated dating. DEFINITELY rise of technology, opposite sex increased exposure on social media. The reason you may hate dating, you are trying way to hard to slam a relationship status. You just want to jump right into the commitment, or have a “relationship.” Something that can’t be rushed because you are only 50% of the choice. The other 50% rely in your partner you are seeing at the time. Women can smell these things a mile away. Just like they can smell sexual intent a mile away. They cant sense when a male has motives regardless if they are physical or emotional. You need to reset your mindset. You need to enjoy the moment, you are out with a women. Instead of at home alone. Try and appreciate the small things, so it leads into the bigger things. Baby steps. Mindset. Reset your mind. Have fun, instead of being on a mission. Look at the positive. You had a date, instead of failure to find a relationship.

tstudent
    Participant
    October 16, 2015 at 3:27 am #86947

I don’t really hate dating, but it feels a bit uncomfortable. Maybe the reason is the uncertainty of the future. Who knows if the girl decides after next date that she doesn’t want to see you again. Being in a relationship brings a feeling of safety in that sense.

JMB_94
    Participant
    October 17, 2015 at 11:57 am #87006

It’s just the feeling of insecurity before you actually get into a relationship which I hate.

Peter601
    Participant
    October 22, 2015 at 9:08 am #87192

Never been in a relationship that’s why I’m on here so i dont know.

M235M
    Participant
    October 24, 2015 at 1:03 am #87305

I don’t hate dating but I’m getting there. It is interesting and fun getting to know people but sharing of myself in return gets so repetitive. First couple dates with a new person are always the same….

johnjerod
    Participant
    October 24, 2015 at 1:00 pm #87329

I like dating why you hate it

Peyton142
    Participant
    October 25, 2015 at 10:38 am #87344
    Reply To: I have discovered that I hate dating..anyone else?

Yes, i hate it

Anonymous
    October 30, 2015 at 11:18 am #87678

Agreed, my friend. There is no greater stress in life than the struggles of dating. And sadly, there is no greater reward then when it actually works out. That’s the chance you take. I’m sick of the dinners, small talk, basically like job interviews. But you really do just keep trying. More than anything, make plans that you can at least have fun with (not dinners, coffee, etc.).

zew16
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 5:53 am #87748

Agreed.

happygoluckyss
    Participant
    November 3, 2015 at 1:23 am #87804

No idea about anyone else but i do hate dating since i hate rejections….i know its stupid but not everyone is same.

Fedirk
    Participant
    November 6, 2015 at 3:54 pm #88066

In some ways I hate dating because of rejection but also like it when you are successful because you can meet amazing people. Dating can be hard because it can be extremely rewarding but also hurtful.

Lealo91
    Participant
    November 7, 2015 at 12:51 am #88080

I hate the time wasters and ghosters. They are what,s making me dislike dating right now.

1 2