I have no idea what to do

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Brotatochip11
    Brotatochip11
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 1:58 am #132649

Alright here’s the story: I met this girl on tinder (yea I know it’s pretty sad). She’s drop dead beautiful, smart, polite, and actually has class (it’s pretty rare these days especially on tinder). Now I’m no hookup kind of guy because I actually enjoy getting to know a woman and I make that clear on tinder (yea I use it wrong) and she told me she wasn’t looking for hookups either. We hit it off well and I quickly gave her my number after which she went silent for a couple days. Just when I had moved on with my swiping she texted me and ever since then we have been texting almost everyday for 3 weeks now. She would almost always initiate the conversation with a good morning text, we make jokes about living together, going on dates etc. and she started face timing me recently. I’m in the Army (infantry) and she was concerned about me getting deployed and asking all about my job due to the missile attacks in Syria (good sign that she cares about me).

Brotatochip11
    Brotatochip11
    Participant
    April 9, 2017 at 2:09 am #132650

(Cont) Recently she hasn’t been initiating conversations or texting much, but she still face timed me yesterday. She’s a super busy person (super into working out like me, works several jobs, college, etc.) and she often apologizes about her slow texting because it’s “not her thing”. So you may be asking yourself: “what’s the problem? She probably likes you! Even with the whole texting thing” well here is the terrible news: she was only in my area on vacation. Yup she just so happens to live on the literal other side of the country. That’s why we make jokes about moving to Florida (where I’m from) and living together. I’ve never tried any sort of long distance relationship, especially when they are 1000 miles away, so I’m pretty lost. Most people would just give it up, but I’ve learned from my past failures that relationships aren’t supposed to be easy. Every time I meet someone who blows me off my feet the world flips me off and I learn about some huge problem like this.

Brotatochip11
    Brotatochip11
    Participant
    April 10, 2017 at 8:53 am #132651

(Cont) So I’m willing to give it a shot. Traveling is part of my job so seeing her sometime wouldn’t be a huge deal. I just don’t know what to say or do to start getting serious with a person that I haven’t met in real life yet. It’s so weird.

Brotatochip11
    Brotatochip11
    Participant
    April 10, 2017 at 8:53 am #132655

Why is this in gay dating…. wtf just ignore this