I have no idea what to do on this first date. I decided to try something unusual

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I have no idea what to do on this first date. I decided to try something unusual

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2017 at 11:14 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Selas
    Participant
    June 13, 2017 at 1:48 pm #139378

So I met this girl online and we hit it off pretty early, we were both interested in hiking the Appalachian trail and we are both serious Christians (I’m a minister in residence).
    Anyways, we talked on the site for a bit then I asked her out and we ended up deciding to go hiking for our first date. This will be the first time that I have done something other than taking a girl out to eat and I am excited but we live in Florida and it’s going to be extremely hot and muggy. Do I forgo trying to look nice and wear athletic clothes so I don’t sweat up a storm or do I dress my typical self and accept the heat. Not to mention the fact that neither of us have done this particular trail before so while I know it is a paved trail will I still need to be ready for mud? The more I think about it the more I hate that I suggested this and just want to call her and ask if she wants to grab dinner instead. Please help, I have very little experience in the dating world despite being 25.

WolfTamer0902
    Participant
    June 15, 2017 at 3:31 am #139490

About what to wear it belive your best bet is kinda more athletic and comfortable especially since your in Florida. If you do some more digging on the trail maybe ask someone who’s done it you should be able to figure out if you need to worry about mud. I’m sure you’ve already realized you should have plenty of water and something to eat also you should be sure to bring something salty like pretzels. By the way take everything I say with a grain of salt I don’t know much about dating I’ve not even graduated. Sorry if I wasn’t to much help but Imy trying.

ilikepancakes1337
    Participant
    June 15, 2017 at 3:44 pm #139599

Just chill. take it easy. even a walk around the town is enough. as long as you guys learn eachother