I haven't gone on a date in FOREVER

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BenK72
    Participant
    February 28, 2013 at 3:17 pm #24190

It’s been 10 months since my wife of 25 years and I broke it off. I’ve started to find myself looking for another woman to be on my side again but I’m too scared to dive into a pool of youngins and feel disconnected. I don’t know what it is but us midlife adults are hiding under some rock I have yet to flip over. Any advice on the best approaches to meeting someone? At least a woman to be close with and date for a little bit…

GeorgeLucas
    Participant
    March 1, 2013 at 10:23 am #24305

I applaud you for braving the world of dating. I too have had a difficult time finding a woman to spend time with and just enjoy their company. They all want to spill their baggage on me but it’s a weight I don’t wish to carry. I’m looking for someone to spend time with to go try new outdoors fun, learn something new, and just see life from a different set of shoes. My friend, I suggest trying first to meet friends of friends. Although a lot of them might be coupled off, they all have single friends too…it’s a start

robb432
    robb432
    Participant
    March 4, 2013 at 12:34 pm #24452

I’ve noticed the unwanted baggage claim and it’s an obvious red flag I’ve made sure to push at the top of my bucket list. I have my problems, we all do, but after so much time has passed in my dating life, it’s most important to filter out women who are obviously not going to last longer than 6 months. I’m being careful. So should you.

AngelsFly
    AngelsFly
    Participant
    March 6, 2013 at 12:24 pm #24701

It takes time to ease into it, I think it’s the same advice I would give a teenager who doesn’t know exactly how to approach someone= start by being proud of yourself. Be confident in what you can offer a woman and THEN look to find a compatible match.If you’re shooting in the dark your choices are slim to none. Try to be the best person you can be now.