I haven't seen my boyfriend for more than a month

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:15 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pamelicious
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 4:38 am #82739

Hi everyone! New comer here! and I’m desperate for your advice.
    I have a boyfriend and I haven’t seen him in a month now, he is finishing a work project by that time so his schedule is very demanding that’s why I understand if he can’t see me, and also he promised me that when the project’s over, we would definitely go out. I agreed because at this time we should prioritize our careers. Finally, the project’s finished and he said that we would go out on our monthsary but a day before that, he told me that his mom had a seizure and is currently in the hospital so our plan to meet on our monthsary was cancelled and of course I understand that because this is health and his mom that we’re talking about. I actually offered support by asking him if I can go there at the hospital and be by his side but he said “I don’t want you to see me like this.” Of course I insisted a little more, but he just wont bulge. I still haven’t seen him by now, what should I do?

Radegast
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 9:26 am #82754

I would lay off of him while he deals with his mother. If you already pushed and he won’t budge, he’s not ready for that level of intimacy(I take it you’ve only been going out long as you mentioned a monthsary). On this subject, you nee to let him come to the conclusion he needs to see you. I think if his mother get’s better and that he still is putting you off, then you need to think about what’s going on more.

Pamelicious
    Participant
    July 14, 2015 at 9:27 pm #82789

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.
    Maybe I should text him less? Is that what should I do? I don’t know if I can still wait, his mother is very ill so it might take months for her to be completely healed.

webhead
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 12:28 am #82790

If you have not seen your boyfreind in a month, he’s not your boyfriend, I don’t care how busy you are at work or how sick your mom is, you will find time to see that special lady.

MissSophieXx
    MissSophieXx
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 5:33 am #82799

I agree with both webhead and radegast abit of both really i wouldnt say he was your boyfriend because thats along time to wait and surely he would be dying to see you? and im he sure he could manage to fit in to see you at some point. Maybe just lay off him a little and text him once in the morning and once at night just dont force it let him take control 🙂 x

Pamelicious
    Participant
    July 15, 2015 at 8:30 am #82792

You thinks so? 🙁 but he tells me he loves me everyday.

poodlegirl
    poodlegirl
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 11:15 am #82977

He probably is seeing someone else. If he can go a month without seeing you I would end the situation. Notice I did not say relationship ? I am so sorry for your emotional pain.

Pamelicious
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 9:39 pm #82993

I am thinking to see him first and talk to him in person before having a conclusion and breaking up with him. I am still clinging to this relationship because he never fail to say the right words and he texts me everyday.

Queryfox
    Participant
    July 18, 2015 at 11:14 am #83000

I think its a good idea to meet up with him to really get an idea about where he’s at.

nics2121
    Participant
    July 23, 2015 at 2:50 pm #83177
    Reply To: I haven't seen my boyfriend for more than a month

As another person said, I would have a serious discussion with him about things prior to jumping to any conclusions.