I initiated contact, will he take it a step further?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anoncandy_
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 12:49 am #96757

A couple days ago, I saw a friend from highschool at the bar. I hadn’t seen him in 6 years, and we chatted it up for a few minutes before my friend and I left to hop to another bar. A day or two went by, and I was still thinking about our simple interaction. I was feeling pretty ballsy, so I sent him a ‘good to see you’ Facebook message. He responded and we talked for a few hours and then he gave me his number. Exactly what I was looking for. We talked all day into the night about similar interests, hobbies, viewpoints on life, what we’ve been doing with our lives since we graduated high school. Any time it took him longer than 10 minutes to respond, he would apologize for the delay, showing that he was interested and alert to when I was talking and what I was saying. We talked into the night until I fell asleep, and he presumably fell asleep as well, but I had sent the last text. The next day (today) I figured he would reach out and send me a text to chat a little more and catch up

anoncandy_
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 12:54 am #96760

but he didn’t text me all day which I found strange. Usually when I talk to a guy and get along with them that well while being slightly flirtatious at the same time, they don’t skip a beat. Considering how well and frequent our conversation went, I was actually pretty surprised he didn’t try to contact me today. Is he playing the waiting game or something? He never seemed like the type of guy to bead around the bush. I don’t want to overwhelm him and text him again since I already was the one to initiate contact. How long should it take for him to text me and if he doesn’t, when is appropriate to text him without being overbearing/too interested. I don’t want to scare him away.

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 30, 2016 at 1:50 pm #96841

With all this talking and catching up you guys did….did you ask him if he was married or in a relationship with someone??Maybe that could be the reason. Some people for whatever reason tend to get caught up with old times and don’t want to think about their present situation….He might be attached to someone else and not telling you.It only takes but a sec to respond to someone…no big deal..unless they have something or someone to hide…