I just want to know.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I just want to know.

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jbird726
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 3:47 pm #78352
    I just want to know.

Matched with this guy on OKC. He messages me just saying “If you have the time sometime soon we should get together and grab a drink.”
    I message back and and we set up a date for 2 days later, Thursday.
    Date goes well, he tells me he’s looking for a relationship, not just a hookup. Date lasts 3 hours, after he walks me to my car, we make out a little (nothing too steamy) and he tells me he’ll text the next day.
    Next day, Friday, he does text around 4pm. Tells me he had a crappy day at work, hopes mine was better. I respond but I don’t hear from him again. Technically I didn’t ask him anything to respond to but still…
    Initially I felt good because he didn’t long on OKC at all on Friday.
    But Saturday he was back on….and multiple times. I have a feeling he went on another date based on the times he was on. Shortly before 7pm and again after 11pm. (After our date he logged on around 11pm to look at my profile.)
    Based on this, am I hearing from this guy again?

jbird726
    Participant
    May 3, 2015 at 3:51 pm #78353

I’m sure I’m coming off as a little over the top but I’ve had a bad run with online dating so far, so if it doesn’t sound like he’s going to contact me again I’d rather know now. I’ve had multiple guys just stop texting or calling when they said they would. I’m afraid I’ve become somewhat jaded by online dating.

JeffS
    Participant
    May 4, 2015 at 10:58 am #78366

Women do this to me all the time so I feel for you. From friends who do online dating, it seems that they do this because they change their mind about someone or meet someone else they like better. I’ve had a bad run with online dating but I don’t know if I should blame online dating because I had a bad run with regular dating before that. Either way, I would like to think that if someone thought I was the right person, they wouldn’t just change their mind.