I know he's no good but I just can't seem to let go continued

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

knight0718
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 4:39 pm #47201

I was so disgusted with him after this. I tried walking away but something seemed to pull me back. I do still have feelings for him but what about me? What about my health? My future? I feel like everything he says is just crap and I honestly don’t trust him. But why do I still care so much? Can someone please give me some insight? I feel lost when it comes to this man.

jessetr
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 5:16 pm #47203

Without knowing more about the story, it’s tough to give advice.

But here’s what I would tell anyone who is sad and has a lack of self-confidence:

1. Try meditation. Anyone can do it. You don’t have to be particularly smart. In fact, the dumber you are, the better it will work. It’s just deep breathing combined with thinking only one thing, and one thing only, for X amount of time. If your mind drifts, just bring it back to that one thing. Do that for a total of 15 minutes throughout your day. In two weeks, you’ll feel tons better. In a month, you’ll be a different person. My promise!

2. Your future is your own. Take charge of it by doing something you always wanted to do but didn’t have the time. Well, your man is gone, probably good riddance, and now you have the time. Don’t hesitate. Just jump in. You’ll be glad you did. My promise! I’m writing and drawing a comic book, and I wanted to for 25 years! What the hell was I waiting for?

Jesse