I lied about not living with my mom

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mblack06
    Participant
    December 13, 2016 at 4:54 pm #120023

I’ve been dating this beautiful young woman that I met at my job for only 2 weeks now. She showed interest in me from day one and I talked to her, and gave her my number and we clicked seamlessly.
    We text and talk everyday, and we’ve been on one date so far and have another one planned next week. Problem is that I am 28 years old and because of financial issues a tea ago, I had to move out of my apartment, and move in with my mom and younger brother into their 2 bedroom apartment. Now I’m sharing a room with my brother. The woman I’m dating ask me do I have my own place. I panicked, and i lied and said that I have a place with my younger brother, and said nothing about my mother. I thought that she would not want anything to do with a 28 year old man that still lives with his momma. To make things worse, she has reqested to come over “my place” twice and i lied both times saying I have family over, or I’ll be out that night. She is now mad at me cause just last night we got into some

mblack06
    Participant
    December 13, 2016 at 4:58 pm #120024

Very sexual conversation and I ended up turning her on and she wanted me to come pick her up and bring her to my place. I told her that it was too late at night to do that. I was so mad, cause I wanted it too, but both my mom and my brother were home. She was sexually frustrated and losses at me. How do I tell her that I lied and that I love with my mom? It seems like I dug myself a hole and it’s too late. I don’t want to loose her before we’ve even had a chance to see where this will go.

December 14, 2016 at 7:07 am #120062

I had a similar situation once. Not in that I was avoiding bringing her back, but I hadn’t told her and it worried me how she’d react for so long. In the end, she didn’t even react to it particularly.

So I would just say be honest and come clean. Say “I panicked because I really like you and I was worried it would put you off to know I still lived with a parent”. I’m sure everyone can understand the financial problems people have in these times, you’ll just have to assure her that you can work a way around it.

mblack06
    Participant
    December 14, 2016 at 8:53 am #120047

I don’t know what to tell her, but I known I have to come clean. Any advice???

mblack06
    Participant
    December 14, 2016 at 8:54 am #120051

Thanks. Your right. It will come out eventually. I know she is going to be mad and disappointed that I lied, but maybe I can find some redemption for telling her instead of her finding out. My only thing I that she is still anlittle mad at me from the other night. I wonder if I should wait till she isn’t mad or just go and do it now.

mblack06
    Participant
    December 14, 2016 at 8:54 am #120066

Great advice. I will tell her today. Come clean, explain myself, and apologize. Hopefully she will understand why I did it, and continue what we have going on.

emperor_sergei
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 1:59 am #120213

you should tell the truth from the first time

emperor_sergei
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 2:00 am #120214

girl doesn’t like to be fooling around, mate 🙂

CuteNixon
    Participant
    December 15, 2016 at 7:55 am #120223
    Reply To: I lied about not living with my mom

I will advise you to open up to her and tell her the truth OK. If she really likes you it’s not going to be an issue for her. The more lies you tell to cover this mess up, the nastier it will get sooner or later. Be bold and just open up to her because any relationship built on the wrong foundation will crash really bad.

Xerxesb
    Xerxesb
    Participant
    December 18, 2016 at 2:15 am #120498
    Reply To: I lied about not living with my mom

Ok. First thing you should do now is to not let things go sexual. Sexting is banned for you until you tell her the truth.
    Next. Ask her out, have a nice dinner with her and flirt. You have to correct that lie you have told when you both are at the highest level of intimacy and you have to say it with regret and reassure her that you would make things work and try your best to get or rent your own house again. Girls want a man who is certain about his future.

I am sure she is an understanding girl and would react to this maturely. Just be calm and try to persuade her with confidence.

Please note that you should not have sex with her until the truth has been told.

Best