I like a coworker that has a boyfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AWill718
    Participant
    August 10, 2014 at 9:18 pm #59120

Ok brace for everything I am going to explain to you lol. I work in a call center. Me and 11 other people were hired together and took training together. We are close knit and we have only worked together for about 3 months. There is a girl in our group who I think is absolutely gorgeous. She is friends with two other guys that work with us cause they used to work together at a previous employer. One of the guys his girlfriend is good friends with this female coworker I like and they obviously know her boy friend. Ok well she definitely has given me the vibe she is interested in me. One day she just hit me on the back and when I turned around and said ow she just smiled at me and she randomly hits me and I tell her she is mean and abusive and I would leave little notes on her desk that she is mean. I always catch her looking at me. I even have turned around seen her looking at me and I would smile at her and she smiles back at me.

AWill718
    Participant
    August 10, 2014 at 9:19 pm #59121

I just wanna know if she interested in me and if she is what should I do knowing she has a boyfriend and our coworker know that boyfriend

markduplass
    Participant
    August 13, 2014 at 11:22 am #59330

Well you probably already know this but it’s usually not a good idea to date a coworker because things could get awkward really fast and it could make going to work one of the worst parts of the day. For now just keep doing what you are doing. Flirt around, leave noted and just be friends for right now. It’s never right for a guy to ask out another guys girl. If she and her boyfriend split and you think that the both of you have gotten really close with each other then ask her whether she wants to hangout. Test the waters. You’re not really saying that it’s a date it’s just two friends hanging out. Do something she would like such as seeing a movie that the both of you are dying to see or what not. If she looks like she is having a good time then ask her out again and maybe do something a bit more personal or even work in the word date in the conversation to let her know that you want to take it further than just friends going out and having a casual time together.

dpscow
    Participant
    August 13, 2014 at 2:43 pm #59351

I wouldn’t date a co worker; what if things don’t work out? She could also turn you down, and then things would be really awkward.

Leonardo Bustos
    Leonardo Bustos
    Participant
    August 13, 2014 at 8:25 pm #59431

It’s never a good idea to dip your pen in the office ink – that being said, the fact that you mentioned her boyfriend situation and how everyone knows each other; pursuing this further would be like trying to catch a flaming cactus barehanded.

Somebody’s going to get either burned or stuck badly; and these things rarely ever work out. If it’s meant to be between you two – tell her that you’re attracted to her but that you could never be with her while she’s involved in a relationship.

This will cause her to be extremely attracted to you because you’ve not only created a challenge, but you’ve also demonstrated a high moral ground. Stop flirting with her and if it’s going to happen, she will dump him and pursue you with a passion.

Stay Sexy my friend!

kajla00007
    Participant
    August 14, 2014 at 5:28 am #59435

you should not think about him. May be she wanna defeat you thats is why she is looking at you so that you wont work well.

zee
    Participant
    August 15, 2014 at 8:15 am #59459

Just keep it light fun and flirty, you have to keep boundaries an just look at it this way what if you do get her? Are you gonna be worrying about the jobs she has without you with new cute potential co-worker/boyfriend candidates ;p lol

Ar2114
    Participant
    August 15, 2014 at 3:02 pm #59476

If someone has a boyfriend/girlfriend you should leave them alone…if you’re meant to be something more it will happen in time

Ryan Lueders
    Participant
    August 16, 2014 at 4:59 am #59501

Maybe she is just playing around. Most likely she is leading you on just for the fun of it. You need to confront her, just ask if she likes you. There is no other way just get it out of the way. In fact maybe you could just ask her why you always find her looking at you. “Hey (insert name here) I always notice you looking at me, maybe I am wrong but if I am right I just wanna know why because I have been thinking about it a lot lately and I don’t know if its a good think or a bad thing.” Yeah say that that sounds good. Say it exactly like that too. In fact maybe hold a piece of paper in front of your face (telling you what to say to her so you don’t mess it up out of being nervous) while you do it then she will get the hint of why you are asking it which is because you are nervous and you might get the answer you want.