I like her, I think she might like me. Do I ask her out? (Somewhat lengthy)

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DespisedIc0n
    Participant
    April 26, 2015 at 3:51 pm #77909

tl;dr I like a chick, she may like me, has sent flirty signals but could just be signals that she’s comfortable with me and our friendship, just broke up with her boyfriend of a year or so a month and a half ago, should I ask her out?

Now, for those who actually care to read my story (I apologize, this will be rather long)

People of reddit, I need your assistance. My friend and I have been friends for something like a year and a half, and I have liked her basically since the day we found each other through facebook. She’s cute and she’s awesome, but I’ll spare my feelings for the sake of length of this post. Anyway, at the time neither of us had transportation and we used to video skype, pulling all nighters and such, almost every night for 2 months, until she got a boyfriend. They dated for about a year and now, a month and a half ago, she became single. I want to ask her out. She seems like she might like me too. I’ll explain a few reasons why I think that, and leave the scenarios

DespisedIc0n
    Participant
    April 26, 2015 at 3:51 pm #77910

as unbiased as possible…

We went to a concert together (2-3 weeks after they broke up), and she was standing directly in front of me, and her backed kept touching my chest as if she was lightly leaning on me, but she would pull away slightly after a while as if it were making me uncomfortable. But it just kept happening. So I am wondering if that was on purpose, though it could be an accident given we’re at a concert. Regardless, she would play around with me and didn’t care that I was really close in her personal space (but once again we’re kinda at a concert so). For example she would be standing in front of me, then lean back and put her head on my chest and look up at me and just be like “Hi.” with a big smile, or she would bump my hip with hers, and dance stupidly with me while keeping physical contact, or poke me and have a small poke war with me. Just little things here and there which can be either be regarded as flirty or friendly because she’s comfortable around me. We wou

carla
    carla
    Participant
    April 26, 2015 at 4:09 pm #77916

tell her what are your feelings towards her tell her how much you want this relationship to go far ,express your admiration ,how comfortable you are when you’re online with her say her sweet words ask her if she feels the same think towards you if not it’s ok give her time and continue with her little by little trying to make her fall in love with you don’t lose hope probably she needs time to be healed from her wounds caused by her exboyfriend

DespisedIc0n
    Participant
    April 29, 2015 at 8:14 am #77911

We would also randomly make eye contact all the time and just raise eyebrows at each other or something. To continue, we were also up front at the show and I had my arms around her to protect her from getting smashed by big dudes all around crushing her, and I would just push them off. She seemed approving of this. She never left my side either except to say hi to a friend of hers and she hung out with him for a little while, and I’m sure she was also tired of people crushing her lol. But this chick also laughs at all my jokes no matter how lame they are and I was told that’s a sign.

After the concert, she and I went to Denny’s with my friend, and while she could have sat across from me, she sat next to me, but that could have been because she doesn’t know my friend super well, they’ve only hung out 2-3 times. When I did something embarrassing, she was like “Well, time to sit over here.” and moved but came right back to me 5 seconds later. Some more signs are when I put my arm around

DespisedIc0n
    Participant
    April 29, 2015 at 8:14 am #77912

her to protect her from getting smashed by big dudes all around crushing her, and I would just push them off. She seemed approving of this. She never left my side either except to say hi to a friend of hers and she hung out with him for a little while, and I’m sure she was also tired of people crushing her lol. But this chick also laughs at all my jokes no matter how lame they are and I was told that’s a sign.

After the concert, she and I went to Denny’s with my friend, and while she could have sat across from me, she sat next to me, but that could have been because she doesn’t know my friend super well, they’ve only hung out 2-3 times. When I did something embarrassing, she was like “Well, time to sit over here.” and moved but came right back to me 5 seconds later. Some more signs are when I put my arm around her for a second she really curled into it pretty deep, and when she said she was tired I jokingly said she could use my shoulder as a pillow, and she still did it for a couple

DespisedIc0n
    Participant
    April 29, 2015 at 8:14 am #77913

seconds. Now personally, I think this screams she likes me but what do I know? If I knew for sure I wouldn’t be asking.

But here’s where the kicker comes in… So her ex (I have him on snapchat, so I saw his story) was having some sort of kickback thing and she asked if I could drop her off at her ex’s house after the concert, and I think she ended up staying the weekend over there. Ouch. But, she’s single, she can do what she wants, even if they ARE buddies or something, regardless of who she likes especially because she doesn’t know I like her.

Also, lastly, we were hiking the other day and we were talking about life, and she brought up her ex (not this last one, a previous one from way back when) and she apologized to me, saying she doesn’t mean to keep bringing him up. I said it’s no big deal, he was an important chapter in her life and it’s good to share that sort of stuff. But why feel the need to apologize for talking about an ex to someone you view as just a friend? I believ

DespisedIc0n
    Participant
    April 29, 2015 at 8:15 am #77914

believe she apologized because of that stigma that you shouldn’t talk about your exes with people you like. Also, on that same day, she etched our names into a rock and said “Next time you come here, you need to check and make sure this is still here. Best friends forever!” and in my head, I just thought “!!!!” but, my sister says chicks also say that if they don’t know where they stand with you. My sister also believes I really should ask her out.

So anyway, sorry for the novel there, but I want to know if I should just go for it or if it’s not a good idea? I’m thinking, the worst she can do is say no, and we move on and go back to exactly how we were in the first place.

axelsson
    Participant
    May 1, 2015 at 1:37 am #78234

Well, ask her out