I like this girl, but cant tell if she likes me back..

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 2:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rahu123
    rahu123
    Participant
    July 27, 2016 at 10:38 pm #106769

There’s this new cashier I work with, & I always notice her looking at me. I work in the shoe department directly across from the checkouts. She always walks away from her register and I see her looking over in shoes. We never usually get a lot of opportunity to speak, because of different hours/departments. but the other day while I was joking around with another coworker, I noticed her looking at me again, but this time smiling.. She is very quiet & I never even see her speaking with the other cashiers.
    I spoke to her today, I feel like she subtlety flirted with me. I gave her jewelry for a customer ( where I work we have to get the jewlery out and hand it to the cashier then the customer waits in line) I gave her the jewelry, she looks over at me and smirks and goes “is this for me” I said you wish and laughed. Which is good for me with flirty comebacks Typically I’d just say “no..it’s for the customer” looking back I should’ve said yes ehhhh.

StrozerKat
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 12:13 am #106772

Yeah, sounds like exactly what I’d do if I liked someone. I’m shy too, so it probably took some guts for her to say that to you lol. Good luck 🙂

rahu123
    rahu123
    Participant
    July 28, 2016 at 8:46 am #106770

Also, I was getting ready to clock out & i noticed she needed a price check so i (tried) to follow her to help her since I work in that department, but I got stuck behind the slowest old lady. She kept looking back to see if I was there but I wound up pussying out and leaving because i felt like she thought I was following her in a creepy way

blinkey02
    Participant
    July 31, 2016 at 10:51 pm #106988

Sounds a little flirty to me. Ita always hard to know what to say in the moment. Keep trying!

chiefsosa
    Participant
    July 31, 2016 at 11:00 pm #106990

Sounds flirty to me, keep talking to her.

LumiBeNaughty
    Participant
    August 2, 2016 at 1:28 am #107117

Well I know sometimes it can be the most difficult thing, but start talking. Any convo will do. Just take it slow.

rahu123
    rahu123
    Participant
    August 8, 2016 at 12:24 am #107749

yeah, i tried to start small convos. we talked a little. while we talked she was asking a lot about me, and i noticed she made a lot of eye contact, which i was too nervous to return. Then just recently starting the other day she doesnt even acknowledge me anymore idk. Maybe she thinks I dont like her.

lxwz
    Participant
    August 23, 2016 at 8:49 am #109127

She probably thought that if you liked her, you would have asked her out by now. The problem these days is that a Lot of guys will just come up and ask us out. Sometimes there total punks that we don’t want anything to do with or guys that we can’t believe would even bother asking us out. So if a shy girl sends a guy some signals and feels she showed too much, ( which we almost always do), then she will retreat if you don’t act on it because she will feel rejected. Try saying, you know… I like you. We should hang out more. It’s not officially asking her out, but it’s telling her that you are interested in getting to know her, which, if she likes you too, will make her happy. She might not sound exited if she is shy, because she didn’t expect it or thought you didn’t like her, so she’s got a million things running through her head about your past interactions and how she might have read everything wrong. Don’t be discouraged by that. As long as she responds positively, you’re good.

jayst
    Participant
    August 23, 2016 at 10:13 am #109177

Definitely talk to her, ask her out, she probably feels like you don’t like her because you didn’t respond to her

rahu123
    rahu123
    Participant
    August 23, 2016 at 11:44 pm #109366
    Reply To: I like this girl, but cant tell if she likes me back..

ok, i just get nervous cause i know some straight women act like that around other women. I was planning on giving her my number this upcoming thursday, but was feeling nervous at the thought of her being straight.. but i wont see her for a while after that day, so i may just have to go for it..

dtng
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 7:00 am #110643

I think she likes you back, so keep talking to her and good luck!

tyragiana
    tyragiana
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 2:15 pm #110705

I think she does like you back and she is still trying to determine her feelings for you too. Honestly ask her how she feels. I know it is pretty risky but it is better than playing back and forth scenarios in your head.

tyragiana
    tyragiana
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 2:15 pm #110709

It does sound like flirting but instead of going back and forth in your head about the situation. ask her how she feels. I know it seems risky but it will be better for you in the long run to know if she is interested now.

contented32
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 4:44 pm #110739

just ask for her number

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  contented32.

Searching4answers
    Participant
    September 7, 2016 at 8:59 pm #110759

Same boat man

1 2