I like this girl, but I don't know what to do.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

omnomurmom
    Participant
    April 29, 2013 at 4:32 pm #29894

To begin, there’s this girl I work with that I’m starting to like. When she first started working with me, I was kind of the only person that really talked to her at first. As weeks went on, we began flirting a bit. There was a lot of touching involved with her flirtation. Then there would be times that we would have a general conversation. Sometimes she would even help me out with some of my duties at work, and even watch my back when it came to the boss threatening consequences for breaking some rules. I was starting to really like this girl, figuring she was digging me as well.

So a couple of weeks later I’m having a conversation with a couple of co-workers, and someone brought up Facebook. I had put in my two cents about Facebook, and I brought up how I was friends with some of the co-workers on their as well. She immediately asked why I hadn’t added her down yet on Facebook. I was using this method to apply to the game I was playing, but also I was trying to avoid any disappointments as well.

So a couple of weeks later, I thought what the hell, I’ll add her down. She accepts my friend request, and I so happen to check her profile out, and she has a boyfriend. At first I was a little disappointed, but then I realized that I have been through this before so it really wasn’t a devastating blow to my ego. Whenever I’d see her at work, I’d avoid any flirting with her, and just do my job and go home. Just have general conversations with her only, and that be that. Over the time this was happening, I noticed her asking me if I was okay. Looking at it, it sounded like a friendly thing for her to ask me how I was doing. I also noticed that she was kind of irritated at me whenever I would joke around with her, WITHOUT any flirting involved. It didn’t make sense to me.

So recently I’ve noticed we’re back to flirting again, from time to time. At this point, I don’t care if she has a boyfriend. It’s as if I re-energized my self-esteem, and forgot all about rejection. So what should I do? Should I just continue to flirt with her, and just be her friend and wait until she’s done with her boyfriend, or should I just go back to what I was doing, and just avoid any flirting with her, and keep my options open?

I’m open to any advice that is given!

Donnie
    Donnie
    Participant
    May 1, 2013 at 4:29 pm #30214

I think you gotta ask yourself what you want as an end result from this.

Do you like the tease you get from flirting with her or are you hoping she one day falls for you and leaves the boyfriend?

Do you like her or do you just like the availability of the flirty nature of things? Because if that’s the case I think you can go and flirt with other people who are single and you may get something out of it instead of this dead end scenario.