I like this girl but it's messy as hell?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 11:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JackHayman
    Participant
    March 22, 2015 at 9:23 pm #75801

So a month ago, the “girl of my dreams” walked out of my life. I was absolutely devastated. So I started sleeping around (safely) to get over her. One particular girl (we’ll call her Beth) takes me back to her house from a club in town and we sleep together. The next morning, I shower and get all my things together and she says her friend (We’ll call her Lucy) is coming to pick her up because they’re spending the day out, which is fine by me. So we both get ready and Lucy arrives, I’m stood outside with a blazing hangover while Beth is inside grabbing a few things and Lucy starts up a conversation with me. We have a bit of a chat and a giggle and she offers me a lift home on the way to town which I graciously declined but was persuaded into anyway. So she drops me off at home and I spend the rest of the day thinking about her. I’m completely mesmerized by how little I knew about her but how entranced I was by her presence. Like I just knew I had to get to know this girl.

skittalion
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:09 am #75807

You’re feelings about this girl are completely fake. It’s much more likely you are attracted to the girl you slept with and are transferring your feelings onto the other girl because guys just get ideas in their heads and can’t get them back out again. That aside, the girl would sleep with you if she persuaded you to let her take you home. Mostly, you’re acting like a bum whose justifying his own sleeping around and then idolizing the girl he thinks he can’t have, who’s probably as big of a slut as her roommate. I’m not being mean, even if my language, is, I’m being honest and using that language to get the point across. If you really liked this girl, you would feel a lot more weird, and be happy to just get to know her. Get over yourself, keep sleeping around and be honest with yourself always, or you will fail.

JackHayman
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:34 am #75802

When I think about her, all the upset and sadness of my ex simply disappears. Anyway, I find her on Facebook and add her only to discover that my best friend (we’ll call him Danny) is a mutual friend. I hit him up and he tells me he’s been friends with her for years so I ask him to wingman me to which he replies “we’ll see”, so we’re out in town again that night (last night) and looking for Lucy and Beth because we know they’re out too. Town is awful and we don’t see anyone we know, just as we’re about to leave we bump into Lucy and my friend is dragged away by the hand to the bar by her as he turns around to say “yeah we’re staying in here!”, a bit disheartened but unwilling to give up I join them at the bar and buy their drinks. We go to the dancefloor and Danny is giving me the notion to dance with her, which I do. She feels me behind her and turns round, tells me very firmly, “No, you slept with my best friend, you can’t try that on me.”

JackHayman
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 8:34 am #75803

The club is closing so I ask if I can have a word with her outside, to which she agrees. I tell her that I’m not interested in a one night stand but that I was actually hoping if she might meet me for coffee sometime, again, she declines.

We speak the next day on Facebook and, to begin with, she stand by her original “no” but we have a laugh and a joke about it and she certainly seems more inclined and open to the possibility. Beth is definitely not bothered about me, so it’s not like she would be betraying her friend and she said that that’s the only reason she wouldn’t meet me. So how do I convince this girl that I wanna get to know her as a friend and potentially build on that friendship? How do I convince her my intentions are pure?

skittalion
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 9:50 am #75824

You’re feelings about this girl are completely fake. It’s much more likely you are attracted to the girl you slept with and are transferring your feelings onto the other girl because guys just get ideas in their heads and can’t get them back out again. That aside, the girl would sleep with you if she persuaded you to let her take you home. Mostly, you’re acting like a bum whose justifying his own sleeping around and then idolizing the girl he thinks he can’t have, who’s probably as big of a slut as her roommate. I’m not being mean, even if my language, is, I’m being honest and using that language to get the point across. If you really liked this girl, you would feel a lot more weird, and be happy to just get to know her. Get over yourself, keep sleeping around and be honest with yourself always, or you will fail. She’s playing a game with you. If you like the game, go forward. The game itself is what is distracting you, not likely the girl.

pzw1289
    Participant
    March 23, 2015 at 12:11 pm #75827

Be yourself and tell her straight if she really wants you.she will keep talking (chat?) with you. Don’t try to push her. she needs time to decide and so do you.