I like this girl thats older than me and just wants to be friends.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Deonvz
    Participant
    November 26, 2017 at 8:56 am #157366

So, i met this girl n while ago, she’s about 6 years older than me. I really really like her but she just wants to be friend. She told me if the roles were reversed, it might have been different. But like i said I really like her and we have alot incommen. She doesn’t text a lot because she’s very busy with her new job but so am I. I have seen her a lot and we can talk really long.
    What should I do?? How can I change her mind?? I really really like this girl!!

Daniel Drozdik
    Daniel Drozdik
    Participant
    November 26, 2017 at 3:42 pm #157367

There is only one person who can change the person’s mind… and it’s only you. I am happy that you asked her and you let her know that you want to be with her more serious. It’s a freaking truth but the best way to go is to move on. You will like lots of women in your life who won’t share same interest as you and that’s fine! This girl who you mentioned is not compatible with you. She isn’t even good potential partner in relationship. Would a good potential partner say “I want to be only in friendship with you” of COURSE NOT.

You made a good decision, you asked her, you EXECUTE some action and at the end of the day… you won. Be proud on yourself 🙂 gl

Jack18
    Participant
    November 26, 2017 at 4:59 pm #157369

I don’t think age in this situation matter. She wants to be a friend? I’m no expert but I say talk to her about it. Tell her how you feel, yes you may be rejected but at least she knows and maybe you can still be friends and just maybe she might feel differently now or later on.

missmaris
    Participant
    November 29, 2017 at 2:35 am #157695

Age is just a number and it should matter. Not if you connect on such a deep level. Let know get to know you. Don’t bombard her but casually.
    However, if she has a problem with age then its her problem not yours. Don’t get caught up in it. Let her respond and see how she is with you.
    Date other women. She isn’t committing to you and you should be out there and meeting others. Ones that don’t have an issue with age.

Yenisei
    Participant
    November 29, 2017 at 5:02 pm #157763

I would suggest moving on from her as a potential girlfriend. Whether or not you think the age difference matters, she has made it clear that it’s a dealbreaker. By all means keep in touch with her and hang out with her if that’s mutually enjoyable, and, who knows, maybe she’ll change her mind one day; however, I think you would simply annoy her if you try to get her to change her mind.

LSEdgell
    Participant
    December 1, 2017 at 2:56 am #158167

I think, If she wants to be friend first then you should accept this. Whenever you both become good friends than that will be time, you can convince her.

wisconsinretiree
    wisconsinretiree
    Participant
    December 2, 2017 at 12:17 pm #158350

You are both busy. Give it time and do not push as she needs the space. Cultivate a friendship and hang in there. I can remember being attracted to women, but by the time they get around to being interested, I have moved on. So, maybe it was best that way for them, kind of a test to see if I had any staying power for them.

akane64
    Participant
    December 2, 2017 at 10:55 pm #158359

Just give it time.

penpal99
    Participant
    December 4, 2017 at 9:13 am #158401
    Reply To: I like this girl thats older than me and just wants to be friends.

your just not her type, she enjoys your friendship, but you being so persistent, is only pushing her away. Keep yourself busy to keep you from texting her or calling her, maybe once the attention is taken away from her, she could either feel relief or miss you, and she may possibly reach out to you

kaitlynlily6
    Participant
    December 5, 2017 at 9:04 am #159013
    Reply To: I like this girl thats older than me and just wants to be friends.

I don’t find anything wrong with men dating older women. Give it time and space, be patient and more persistent. Women tend to finally give in when they see a man’s sincerity. I know of some friends dating older women they found at afrinendfinder site and until now the relationship works. Just keep trying, grow the friendship at first.