I like this guy, but not sure what to do.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sportygal28
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 2:51 am #68839

A couple of weeks ago I started talking to a guy on a dating site. He seemed nice, friendly and fun. He seems respectful of women and he has a good job. We chatted on the site for a few days, then he sent his number and suggested we text. It seemed like everything was going well. He mentioned wanting to meet up, asked about what area of town I live in..etc. Particularly Monday night we chatted until very late at night. I texted him tuesday evening to ask how he was doing and we sent a few messages, but then nothing. I know he’s been busy at work. I waited the rest of the week to hear from him and finally texted him today. He responded right away and we had a good convo. I’m a little frustrated because he seems to be into me, but doesn’t usually text first. I mean there was a couple of days where he seemed to fall asleep and would start the convo the next morning right where we left off.I like this guy and would like to meet him, but not sure what to do. Should I just see if he texts

Sportygal28
    Participant
    December 7, 2014 at 2:53 am #68840

me next? Like I said, it seems to be a good flow of convo…flirting is there too. I just don’t know why he seems to disappear for a few days or doesn’t text first. What would your advice be?

Anonymous
    December 28, 2014 at 12:59 pm #69664

Dear Sportygal28,
    as one wise boy has told me once, boys need to feel in control. He has o be the firs one to text you. The only thing I can think of as a piece of advice to you is to tell him that you like inniciative men.

NFR
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 8:33 pm #69686

Just be straight forward with him. Ask if there is a reason..? It’s possible your not the only one he’s talking to..

Bucky
    Participant
    January 2, 2015 at 5:30 pm #69810

Games suck for everyone involved. As NFR suggested, I would come right out and ask if he still wants to meet and if he does, then I’d work out a definite day and time and place. He’s on a dating site so it’s possible he is talking to a few different people. Just remember to protect your heart first and don’t get too attached right away. Make sure you go slow and learn everything you can before giving in to him.

vkleinstu
    Participant
    January 3, 2015 at 10:49 am #69830

I can tell you without a doubt you’re not the only one he is talking to. At one point, recently, I was on several different sites talking to anywhere between 3-10 girls at a time. I wasn’t sure what I was looking for. I still talk to three of the girls on there, but only dated one of them for a short period of time. I have stopped “dating” and devote all of my time to a very good friend that I have fallen for. I still keep in touch as friends with three of the girls that I was talking to. The key to this is that from the very beginning I was honest with all of the girls that I talked to about my friend, because we spend a LOT of time together, and I didn’t want any of the parties concerned to think I was sneaking around. Once my friend started to get jealous and “lay claim” as another female friend suggested, I decided to devote all of my attention to her. She is a single mom, and we are both recently divorced.

As a guy, I can tell you this is not typical of guys…

vkleinstu
    Participant
    January 3, 2015 at 10:52 am #69832

In any sense… If he is not interested enough to start conversation with you, move on and look for another. If he is really interested, he will call, text, e-mail… something. Don’t waste your time on a guy that doesn’t want your time.

As someone who has devoted every second of every day to trying to win the heart of someone that I already care about, I can tell you that it isn’t worth it to waste your time on someone who seems to not be interested.

Anonymous
    January 14, 2015 at 12:21 pm #70598

Find your zodiac sign and your hobbies.

alltoowell
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 3:55 pm #71805

I’ve been in your shoes, so I completely understand. You want a clear line to be drawn, where are things going? Is this headed in the right direction, because if not, I don’t want to waste my time. You want to put your foot down, but you’re afraid you’re going to scare him off and lose him. No matter how many online blogs you read, how many friends tell you what to do, only you will know what you should really do. I’ll tell you this truth, the right guy won’t be scared off of anything. I “talked” to a guy I met online for 7 months over text only. No phone calls, no skypes. We live on opposite coasts. Everyone thought I was nuts, even I thought I was nuts. Last week, we met in person for the first time and shared the most magical date I could’ve ever imagined. This was after I put my foot down so many times with him, we stopped talking more than once, but somehow we always came back together. We fell in love and when we met, it was perfect. The right guy won’t be scared of anything.

beachxbum718
    Participant
    January 25, 2015 at 4:42 pm #71806
    Reply To: I like this guy, but not sure what to do.

I would honestly wait for him to text you. Guys are simple, if they wanna talk to you they will. For whatever reason unfortunately, you are not a priority at the moment. Guys like the chase though, so go on with your life and do your thing and if he is really into you, I promise you he will come around! It will also be so much more satisfying when you hear from him 🙂 Good luck and I hope you hear from him soon!

rowland gerry
    Participant
    February 5, 2015 at 3:14 pm #72672

Ask is there any reason behind that. I hope a good reply from him

Anonymous
    February 8, 2015 at 7:10 am #72833

World rescue evangelical mission is a group of prayer warriors dedicated them selves for the work of God and to rescue those that are in devil bondage through prayer.God is asking me to tell you who believe, your breakthrough shall not be delayed anymore. know this that God will not allow you pass through Gethsemane, without a comforting Angel. The spirit that searches through all things, ye, the deep thing of God is sending me to you.What is that desire that gives you sleepless night? Unsuccessful business transaction, delayed marriage,sickness, failure,divorced, barrenness,sadness, sorrow, wretchedness,disappointment? LETS TALK AND PRAY ABOUT IT!and you will see God in Action. With God all things are possible, send your prayer request via email: wrem.victorprecious3@gmail.com or call Victor Precious Tel:+2348189512244 for all kinds of your spiritual problems.
    You are Bless.
    Pastor.Victor Precious.
    World Rescue Evangelical Mission