I may have scared him off

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Babsy
    Participant
    June 21, 2014 at 11:31 pm #55868

So I went on a first date for coffee with a guy. I think it went really well even though it was very short. So when I had to leave, he walked me to my car, gave me a hug and I think he wanted to kiss me. But we didn’t (and that’s a topic for another thread). And now it’s the next day and I haven’t heard from him. And up to thus point he was texting me everyday. And he was initiating it. So here is where I think I may have scared him off. He asked me close to the beginning of the date if I wanted to get married(I’ve never been married). So I said yes I do. Then he asked what kind… big, small etc. I sort of thought it was a little to early to ask that but I answered and wasn’t going to lie. So…… what should I do and should I bother to wait? Did I scare him off? I only answered honestly.

kiuhd
    Participant
    June 22, 2014 at 5:50 pm #55884

No offense, but why would he ask you about marriage and size on the first date? That is not appropriate. First dates are meant for both of you to get to know each other. You did nothing wrong, just play it cool and brush it off. Hope it helps.

Babsy
    Participant
    June 22, 2014 at 6:23 pm #55891

No offense taken at all… I couldn’t believe he asked me that either. And it wasn’t in the midst of the conversation.. it was pretty much right at the beginning. The rest of the conversation was great and I think we have a lot in common.. interests.. how we’ve lived and want to live etc. But I still haven’t heard from him and it’s been 2 days. I wonder if he’s waiting the “3 day” rule. But I sent him a message last night just saying that I had a great time at coffee and that I think we have a lot in common. That’s all I said and I still haven’t heard from him. I met him online and I see that he’s been on and off today so I know he’s seen my message. I don’t mean to sound like I’m stalking him or being creepy. I just want to know what he’s thinking after our date. Thanks for your advice kiuhd. 🙂

Shadowsnake
    Participant
    June 23, 2014 at 12:03 am #55902

I don’t think you did anything wrong. if anything he asked about marriage too soon. but he’s probably pissed you didn’t accept his kiss if hes a cocky person.

Babsy
    Participant
    June 23, 2014 at 8:37 am #55913

I don’t know if he is cocky or not. He seemed nice and he was very interested in what I had to say the whole time. He was making eye contact. And the kissing thing… well call me old fashioned but I don’t want my first kiss with a potential partner to be in the parking lot of a coffee shop. I’m a hopeless romantic! $

Babsy
    Participant
    June 28, 2014 at 6:06 pm #56550

So I still haven’t heard from this guy and I’m not expecting to. But I wanted to ask if you think I should say something to him about how rude it was not to explain why he didn’t respond to my email after thanking him for the date or if I should just leave it alone? I kind of want to know. Or should I just not bother? I really really hate it when guys do that.

xtephaniieee
    Participant
    June 28, 2014 at 8:20 pm #56551

you’re awesome. move on 🙂

fatzqueen
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 3:03 am #56744

I knw the feeling when guys don’t reply,its absolutely rude! Oh well they aint as refined as us women 🙂

Jessemyn
    Participant
    July 4, 2014 at 9:20 pm #56779

Some guys, more commonly on dating websites, aren’t always looking for long term relationships. He might have been testing the water early to see if that is what you were interested in, or not. It’s his loss, move on and don’t worry any more about it.

jo45862
    Participant
    July 5, 2014 at 12:40 am #56780
    Reply To: I may have scared him off

What’s your favorite candy? Find your flavor on one of the fastest growing site: PlentyOfCandies.com, New dates, new friends, new love! Click Here & Sign Up For Free Today!

http://www.PlentyOfCandies.com

JessicaV
    Participant
    July 5, 2014 at 8:48 pm #56794
    Reply To: I may have scared him off

I wouldn’t bother to text or message him. Some people are not grown up enough to say thanks for meeting up with me but it’s not what I am looking for. You deserve more than that. Obviously he isn’t worth your time if he can’t be man enough to respond. IMO