I met this girl and fell for her hard. Word got out, things got weird.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:08 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vwbenzlambo
    Participant
    June 23, 2016 at 2:30 pm #103941

I am in highschool so rumors spread fast. I started talking to her and it was going well until people found out I liked her and things went downhill. Since both of us are really shy and socially awkward, that didn’t help. My friends keep telling me to move on, but it is impossible, she is by far the most beautiful girl I have every laid eyes on and because we have many similar interests I believe we could make an amazing couple. Every time I see her I fall for her again. I have always been pretty nervous around girls because I have never dated anyone and am pretty shy. I wish there was a way to start over with her but she dislikes me because of the nasty rumors spread about me and partially because of my shyness. I wish there was a way to make it up to her and start over. She isn’t mean, she is just freaked out because of the rumors. I am willing to do anything to be with her. Most people call me a chicken, while that might sound true, I am trying to work out of that. Any ideas?

Anonymous
    June 23, 2016 at 3:02 pm #103944

Man…high school can be so brutal! First of all, you sound enamored and that’s dangerous because it’s a fantasy, not reality.You are putting her on this pedestal, so get a grip and realize she is shunning you because of rumors. A smart girl would just directly ask you instead of being socially susceptible to gossip. It’s hard at that age though. The ladies also are VERY attracted to stronger personalities, so maybe she is just the right one to inspire you to step out of your comfort zone. There is no easy way through this. You just have to put your fears in a little box in your mind and do what you really want to do. That’s courage! It’s not that you won’t be afraid, it’s that your courage is BIGGER than your fear. Are you going to let fear control you all the time? That’s a miserable life if that’s what you choose. Forget about getting with her. Let that go. THEN…make it your goal to just get to know her. The purpose would be to face your fear…conquer your fear…develop your

Anonymous
    June 23, 2016 at 3:05 pm #103945

courage….then whatever happens next, whether you get rejected or not…it won’t matter because you will have accomplished something MUCH BIGGER. You will have learned that you are okay and you have the ability to fight for something more…be someone who faces your fears…your friends call you chicken…well….we all are chickens in certain areas of our lives. Those areas are wonderful ways to learn what we are really made of. So…go for it! Talk to her and say whatever you want to say. If you crash and burn…oh well…I promise it won’t be the last time, so get cozy with rejection. It’s everywhere! If you get to know her and something happens later on, then awesome! Screw the rumors! That’s letting all kinds of people’s immature gossip control your life. NO! Don’t take that crap! Show her you are more than the rumors!

MoodyBin
    Participant
    June 24, 2016 at 7:59 am #103984

Just talk with her about the rumors, explain it, try to get good with her. If that doesn’t work, just let her go. As the guy above me said, you are putting her on pedestral, which is always very bad thing.