DATING ADVICE FORUM

I need a guy's take on this!

Author
    Comments

• dogparkjunkie1
    Participant
    August 5, 2016 at 9:07 am #107602
    I need a guy's take on this!

I’ve been friends with a man for almost a year. Best friends but friends only. He’s 42 and I’m 31. I recently lost about 60# and he’s changed. He used to complain that he never meets any women because all he does is work and take his dog to the park. (Where we met). Now he texts me every day, asks if I’m coming over, invited me to ‘sleep over’ with my dog and his where we ended up cuddled together all night. He’s called me beautiful and always wants to know when my next day off is. Problem? He won’t touch me in public, had plenty of opportunities to kiss me and hasn’t, introduces me as his friend to everyone. Basically I don’t understand if he wants more and is afraid to change our friendship or is lonely but doesn’t want a relationship, is he freaked by our age difference? (I was at first when we where just friends we have a lot of different life experiences). Does he just not know what he wants? Why kiss my head, cheeks, neck and cuddle but not make a move?!?!

blubedibu
    Participant
    August 6, 2016 at 7:53 am #107716

Maybe you could ask him out and officially call it a date and then see where it leads ?

Maybe he is just afraid to lose you as a friend if you were not to have feelings for him

Razorbacks123
    Participant
    August 7, 2016 at 6:54 am #107727

politely ask him why he did that. Most times we do that for one of two reasons. We’re either embarrassed to show you to our friends or were embarrassed to show our feelings or both.

wele0123
    Participant
    August 7, 2016 at 10:41 am #107731

There could be a number of reasons. How recent did this change in him occur and the both of you started spending more time together? Some guys take it slower than others and make sure everything is good before taking it to the next level. Being that he’s in his 40’s, he may be more cautious too.

Singlestill
    Participant
    August 7, 2016 at 1:34 pm #107736

Maybe he’s just a bit anxious about taking things furter. Did he have a bad experience in his last relationship? Maybe he has worries about his performance if things do go further.
    Maybe you should bite the bullet and just kiss him, least then you know for sure.
    Personally I don’t think 31 and 42 is that massive a difference, not like say 18 and 29 would be.

confused954
    Participant
    August 9, 2016 at 8:53 am #107806

It sounds like he’s shallow if he only showed interest in you after you lost 60 pounds. It wouldn’t be a good idea to go any further with him at this time. Continue to be friends and be very patient and see where it goes.

Also many men are very hesitant to get involved with a woman who’s lost a lot of weight, because most of the time they will gain it back.

drewmaru
    Participant
    August 10, 2016 at 5:31 am #107872

What exactly are you looking for from him? Maybe you can try making the first move?