I need a woman's opinion on this.. Girl stops replying after the second date.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:31 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

corvetteguy
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 9:51 am #95793

Hey!
    I have been friends with this beautiful girl since I was 12.we are now both 23.
    One night out I randomly met her, we hadn’t seen each other in a couple of years before this. we started texting and were getting on really well.
    We met a couple of times, chatted and kissed then we went on a first date, we had a good time, I drove her home, kissed her and left.
    We arranged another date and she was telling me how excited she was, we had a great date. However I did get a little too drunk, she invited herself to my hotel room where we talked and kissed.
    I was worried that I had blown it but she kept in contact as normal for 2 days after that then she went fully quiet, didn’t reply yo my texts (2).
    this is very unusual for her because she tells me everything, things she tells nobody else. she text me then to say shes super busy and stressed and everything is ok with us. she has sent short messages since but there is days of silence now and im worried, I dont want to let her go

danak13
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 12:16 pm #95825

I would say you have one of two options: The first is to take her hints. Both when it comes to men and women: if they are interested they will make time for you. If she is truly interested then she will make an effort to text and see you. If this does not happen, she has decided, for whatever reason, to not pursue you. Secondly, seeing as you have known her for so long, you could just ask. I would not advise this if you had just met but if you have history, I think it would be totally fine, if she keeps going cold, to say “hey, we have known each other a long time and seem to have some chemistry. Are you interested in pursuing that?”

corvetteguy
    Participant
    March 16, 2016 at 12:22 pm #95826

her message to me was very reassuring saying she was really stressed out at work and only getting a few hours sleep as a result of her long hours.
    she still sends me one or two snapchats per day which makes me think she isn’t ignoring me.
    Its just the fact that I can see she is online and hasn’t replied that worries me.
    And why would she message me for 2 days after the date and then decide to stop. I would have thought she would just avoid me straight away if that was the case.
    I think I will give her a couple more days and call her to see what is going on. If she said she wasn’t interested I would be able to stop over thinking it and just move on

LittleMissInsomniac
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 1:50 pm #95933

Honestly, from a women’s point of view, she’s probably as busy as she says right now. She is trying to keep contact with you, which is a great sign, and if she says there isn’t anything wrong then I’d believe her. If she had gone completely quiet, as in NO contact (no snapchats or texts etc) then I’d be worried. She is still making time to contact you, if you can wait out her busy period you should be able to pick up where you left off 🙂

corvetteguy
    Participant
    March 18, 2016 at 8:47 am #95902

She works for a law firm and has had a crazy work load lately with a big case, got a couple of snaochats off her today but no messages. I think I will leave it a few more days before I message her or call her.. She probably just needs some space

bumblebee35
    Participant
    March 18, 2016 at 1:46 pm #96051

From my point of view as a women, there could be two possibilities: 1. She is, in reality, busy. 2. Things happened quite fast and she needs time to catch up with what happened between you guys. Both ways, i think she is interested and when she said you guys are ok, I would believe her.

Stupendoes
    Participant
    March 18, 2016 at 9:40 pm #96076

I’ve been there before when the girl is just trying to let you down easy. When you message her again do something a little extra. Make sure it’s small, but it stands out and makes her feel important. She’ll most likely give you your third date.

fatalexo5
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 10:45 pm #96467

To be honest, It could mean she’s really busy or she’s trying to let you down in a sugar coated way. Don’t assume the worst, try to text her in a few days and see where the conversation goes. If she’s still distant, then I suggest you ask her what’s going on. You have nothing to lose.

CindyB
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 10:56 am #96601
    Reply To: I need a woman's opinion on this.. Girl stops replying after the second date.

Focus on yourself for a while and let things happen naturally, if you haven’t heard anything from her after a couple of months, drop an email to see how she is going.