I need advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I need advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 11:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DesireeKrystal
    Participant
    September 1, 2017 at 11:15 pm #148005
    I need advice

Ok, so,
    There’s a guy I’ve been in love with since three years ago. I’ve seen all his sides, as in when he’s mean and nice and so on. Back then, I was a virgin and back then we broke up. We didn’t talk for 3 years, then we started talking again and fell in love once again around July. What should I do? Should I be with him? Any tips? How should I ask him out if I tried to?

okapi
    okapi
    Participant
    September 5, 2017 at 2:46 pm #148193

Without knowing why you broke up and any details about the relationship or what life situations have led you two to not talk for three years and then start talking again, my best advice is to ask yourself, what does falling in love mean to you? Does what it means to him align with your needs and wants? Does what it means to you align with his?

Try to think deep and hard about if fear plays any role in your desires here. (For example, it’s very common to want to get back together with someone it didn’t work out with when lonely or afraid of being alone.) If you could have everything you need and want in life, and were confident in who you are, etc. (envision your ideal future), would this feel right?

If you’re confident in your own feelings, it can’t hurt to tell him how you feel. Just do it in the moment, without projecting into the future or the past. If things feel right right now, why not share that? If it doesn’t work out, it’s not meant to. Keep open to the joy you seek.

Gloria
    Gloria
    Participant
    September 5, 2017 at 6:01 pm #148239

Go with the feelings. If you like him, be with him.

thelackof
    Participant
    September 11, 2017 at 3:48 am #148685

Go by how well you two could be friends within a relationship. and if you really like him then maybe it is right?