I Need An Opinion

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I Need An Opinion

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Dysandria
    Participant
    July 16, 2015 at 4:38 am #82927
    I Need An Opinion

I’m a girl who hasn’t started dating yet. However, I like planning ahead. So here’s the thing.
    I am a tomboy. But also I’m not. I’m a nerd, but I’m also not.
    I can say for the least that I am certainly not preppy. Though I do care about what I wear.
    So I guess you can say I’m a boyish, dorky, fashionable girl.
    For every girl out there, it sounds amazing.
    To me, it’s not. Because I can’t fit the sterotypes.
    I like cooking, some video games, and walking outside. But I have a few bad habits.
    I talk too much, I’m also rather messy and disorganized.
    But the real problem is my mood disorder, which scares and confuses people.
    I’m also very very VERY bad at talking to guys I like. I have tons of guy friends. But if I get a crush I become a nervous wreck, try too hard, and normally the guy I like has a girlfriend. So what I need from all of you people, girls and hopefully some guys too, is an opinion. Do you think when the time comes and I’m ready, that people will wanna date me?

Dysandria
    Participant
    July 16, 2015 at 4:50 am #82928

One last thing, any and all advice would be appreciated involved with dating, starting out with dating, and men. I may be young, but even I find guys confusing. Thanks everyone.

hurtgirl88
    Participant
    July 17, 2015 at 3:08 pm #82986

I think that once you find someone who likes you, they won’t care about any of that other stuff. They’ll like you for you and that’s it.

July 20, 2015 at 8:23 am #83024

Dating is 60% confidence, relax, and just see how it goes, dont stress yourself, be yourself, and if your getting nervous, do something to calm yourself down, talk to someone else whos there, make small talk to help calm yourself down. Dont worry what people think either, if you like someone, but make a fool out of yourself, but you were being yourself, just think that theyre are so many other people out there, if you get shot down 100 times, there will be that 1 who loves it, trust me.

srm1325
    Participant
    July 24, 2015 at 10:33 pm #83219

As a girl who was in your very same boat, I understand completely. I went through most of high school without dating anyone. Boys didn’t seem interested and I was too shy and awkward to make it happen. As irrational as it seems now, I felt because no one wanted me then, no one ever would and I’d die alone with too many cats. It was truely a real fear. Ironically it was the end of the 1st semester my senior year when I met my current boyfriend (7 months together now). I had given up a few months earlier. I had spent years looking at every guy and hoping by some chance he’d want me. The a couple months later. I met or really reconnected with my current bf. We knew each other years ago as kids but lost touch. I didn’t think a thing about it. We were in a group of people and talked some but not much. At the end of the night as I was headed to my car and he caught up to me and asked for my number. Simple as that. The point is, don’t overthink. It will happen when the right guy comes.

Animal1
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 2:35 am #83231

Sure

rubyredgems
    Participant
    July 25, 2015 at 2:32 pm #83247

i agree, when you find the right person, it won’t matter. but get out there and go on dates just to get used to it – it’s almost like the best way to prep for a job interview is to go on a lot!