I need help :\

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

That one ghost
    That one ghost
    Participant
    November 7, 2014 at 10:20 pm #67237

Let me give you some background knowledge… so there’s this really nice girl and I just feel so warm inside whenever I see her. I’ve known her for about 3 years, not personally, and I really want her to be my girlfriend. I’ve noticed she’s been looking at me in class, and quickly looking away, which makes me feel good inside :). This girl is so beautiful, and I really want to be her first boyfriend, or at least I don’t think she has had one… and I know she doesn’t have one now! I just have one really, really big problem :(, I’m shy. I’ve pumped my self up so many times, and it just ends up with me failing and walking away. Can anyone give some advice on how to be more confident? I feel like if I just say something simple like “hey (girls name)”, she’ll just look confused or even worse. Please… help me 🙁

tsell52
    Participant
    November 16, 2014 at 2:00 pm #67638

Take a chance. Sometimes taking a leap of faith is required to in order to achieve a goal.

shadowcat162
    Participant
    November 17, 2014 at 3:11 am #67656

I agree with tsell, you just have to go for it. It’s never easy for anyone, and it never goes the way you planned. Also remember that no harm will come of going for it; you have NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain by talking to her.

Good luck 😉

Rebekah
    Participant
    November 19, 2014 at 12:31 pm #67758

Be brave just start talking to her in person because then you’ll come of more confident and girls like that.

FudgeBrownie
    Participant
    November 20, 2014 at 2:06 pm #67825

3 years is a long time! Have you paid her a compliment?

salparadise123
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 12:27 pm #67890

I agree. Go for it. Just say hello. Compliment her on something she is wearing – not on her attributes themselves. Hey Jessica, that is a nice scarf. Something like that. You have to try. If not, you will never no. A for goodness sake, try not to be too sensitive if it goes nowhere. There will be others.

IgpayAtenlay
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 3:28 pm #67905

Think about it, if you don’t say hi another three years might pass and you’ll never know whether she likes you. Just start a conversation with her! If she likes you back she will probably be more focused on not looking stupid herself then noticing whether you look stupid. Good luck!