I need help from a man's perspective?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jlt045
    Participant
    February 6, 2017 at 10:25 pm #125913

Ok guys I need advice. I am in a miserable marriage, and lately I have fallen hard for a much older man at work. He is moving out of state next month, and I would like to have a bit of a “fling” with him before he leaves. Problem is, he is ALOT older than I am, and while he is also married, they are separated and she lives in a different state. We spend a lot of time together outside of work, but I don’t know if he is even interested in me other than a friend, and I have never dated a man that much older than me. I also don’t know if he plans on another relationship even though he doesn’t live with his wife and is obviously annoyed when she even calls to ask for money. I also don’t know how he would feel about me still being married, even though we probably wont be married for long. I honestly don’t want a long term relationship, I just wanted to have some companionship after 12 years of a sex-less marriage. How could I approach him without scaring him away if he isn’t interested?

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  jlt045.

jlt045
    Participant
    February 6, 2017 at 10:26 pm #125914

FYI, I am 32 and he is 64. Yes I know he is old, but he is a VERY good looking older man, like Mel Gibson.

Mr.J
    Participant
    February 6, 2017 at 10:43 pm #125918

Man like younger girls than them.

jlt045
    Participant
    February 7, 2017 at 9:04 am #125920

I would like to handle this in a way that if he is interested it will go somewhere, and if he isn’t interested it wont upset him and we can laugh it off and keep on being friends. The poor guy lives alone and works his butt of to send money to a wife that doesn’t work, and doesn’t even live with him. He apparently told a friend that she hast had sex with him in 6 years.

jlt045
    Participant
    February 7, 2017 at 9:04 am #125919

not always though.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    February 7, 2017 at 12:32 pm #125970

walk away. bad idea. it’ll backfire on you BIG TIME. besides that you WORK together (unless he’s moving away and leaving your work).
    Deal with your marriage first and always. If it’s a goner – then leave it before you do anythign else. trust me on that.
    in the same way, never ever get involved with somebody else until they are truly separated and divorce papers are in process or near finalization – otherwise, it means they may get back together again (is he moving away and back closer to her???)

bad idea. never cheat. never be “the other person” with somebody cheating on theirs.
    it never works out.
    you’ll always get cheated.

good luck.

Hoptownusa
    Hoptownusa
    Participant
    February 8, 2017 at 11:23 am #126096

Yeah don’t do it is not worth it.

YakkityYak
    YakkityYak
    Participant
    February 8, 2017 at 1:22 pm #126126

Don’t do it – I know you’re emotions but its infedilty – I’ve turned down beers from women before

TheForgottenLeader
    Participant
    February 9, 2017 at 5:37 pm #126381

You need to pick logic and reasoning over emotion in this problem I’m afraid! I can see it backfiring big time if you go through with it

406beau
    Participant
    February 10, 2017 at 12:34 pm #126460
    Reply To: I need help from a man's perspective?

Sounds like a loaded gun to me, deal with your stuff before you get into any “flings” ….. recipe for disaster however you look at it.

F1end
    F1end
    Participant
    February 10, 2017 at 4:19 pm #126522

Incredible that you think the priority is learning how to game this man, rather than divorcing your husband.

Get your priorities straight.

calidad
    Participant
    February 12, 2017 at 1:21 pm #126601

End your marriage first then have as many flings as you like. Your future self will respect your choice to maintain your integrity.

Oklahomer52
    Participant
    February 13, 2017 at 2:39 pm #126742

End one problem before starting another