I need help! What do I say to get him to try to make it work?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• tj1750
    Participant
    September 13, 2016 at 3:31 pm #111273

Him:
    I think my biggest problem or road block with all this is you are still figuring out who you are and what you want to do in life when I am done with that part and want to start the next chapter! And I feel as though (at this point) that can’t be done with you because you have a lot you are doing and need to figure out about you
    Me:
    I’m not saying that I’m the puzzle piece that will fit exactly, but you kind of have to pick up and try a couple pieces just to make sure before u finally get it, just in case… And have u ever thought that me trying to figure out MY path, might need a trip down your path to help me figure mine out… And we might meet in the middle where it’s just right…

tj1750
    Participant
    September 13, 2016 at 3:53 pm #111281

Do I give up or keep pushing to make it work??

SimplyyLivv
    SimplyyLivv
    Participant
    September 13, 2016 at 10:49 pm #111301

Keep trying, I think the reason many new age relationships don’t last is because people stop trying. No one is perfect, no relationship is, but if you’re constantly looking at the grass on the other side you wont be happy in any situation. Now, i’m not saying to stay in an abusive/ unhealthy relationship, but if there is no major problems, try and work them out. Remember, there’s no such thing as PERFECT, no matter how social media will try to convince you otherwise. If you love this person, tell them, let them know you’re down to ride it out and see where things go. You’re willing to work on it, and try it out, and if things don’t go as planned that’s okay because trying and failing would be so much better then wondering what if all you life.