I need serious advice about this guy I saw for 2 months

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dreamcloud9
    Participant
    October 8, 2017 at 3:49 pm #151904

I met a guy and we started talking. He was very nice so we started dating. We were intimate a few times before he finally told me he was in prison and committed a crime that I don’t want to mention. He has been through a lot and is a very lonely person, but overall very nice. I didn’t want to continue seeing him though because we had only been together for about 2 months before he claimed I was the love of his life, and his soul mate. It was too fast and felt like he was reaching for something meaningful, but again this is just two months of knowing each other. I broke up with him in person and he just lost it. I mean crying telling me he is in a deep depression, he says he is numb and can’t live life. He is nice and very sensitive but I feel that this is a lot for someone I have known for two months. I don’t want him to hurt, but I don’t want to be with him. I want to know if I am being too harsh or if he is acting irrational? He worries me.

Bella_Berg
    Participant
    October 8, 2017 at 7:53 pm #151908

You are definitely not being too harsh. You removed yourself, with valid reason, in a respectable manner, and from what you’ve described, this guy seems emotionally unstable and dependent. I’m sure he is a good person, but he has some things to work out, and this is not your responsibility.

Cymberle
    Cymberle
    Participant
    October 9, 2017 at 7:21 pm #152047

I think it’s a good thing that you have broken things off with him. He needs help and counseling. Any relationship with him right now will not be a good thing for you. You being with him is only a small band-aid for his issues and not helping anyone. I understand how much it hurts when you feel like you are being too harsh or hurting someone else. But you are not his therapist, nor his family. If you hear from him again, suggest he seek help for his depression and then cut off all contact. This has the potential of turning into something dangerous.

Shaaa
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 10:20 am #152126

Probably a good idea not to get yourself in a situation where your stuck with an emotionally unstable person. Just be happy you ended it sooner rather than later.

trisha
    Participant
    October 10, 2017 at 10:28 am #152129

Pls I had to post this here help me out …
    My boyfriend and I have been dating for 3 mnths ,we had a fight and he asked me to stop messaging him and then I acted crazy and went over his friends fence just to talk to him , he came out and said he wasn’t breaking up with me. We were fine for about a week then he started acting distant so I asked him and he said things had changed since that day and that he has a lot going on between me ,work and family and he needed time to sort himself , I agreed.. we haven’t spoken in 2 weeks but he’s been watching my snaps and Instagram story and is almost usually the first to watch them ..I haven’t been watching his tho but I don’t know where I stand now and I want to message him when it’s 3 weeks to ask if he has decided to break up or thinks we can work it out .. is this a good idea or have I been dumped .. pls help