I need some advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I need some advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:58 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Chompus
    Chompus
    Participant
    March 12, 2015 at 8:26 pm #75292
    I need some advice

I’ll start this off by giving some information about me. Basically, I’m a 20 year old guy who has never had a girlfriend. When I was in school and stuff, I had several crushes on girls, and a few of those girls, amongst others even asked me out/showed their interest in me, but me, being an idiotic shy kid, I backed away from them and never told anyone of them how I felt throughout the years. When I was a kid, I was really confident and whatnot, but that changed when I started playing computer games and starting devoting my life to them, neglecting my real life as a result and becoming anti-social. Throughout my computer gaming years, I have been in 3 online relationships, one which lasted for 2 years and the other two for 6 months each. These were all when I was younger, when I was between the age of 12 to 17. In those online relationships, I was cheated on 3 times, twice by the same girl and once by another. The third one, turned out to be a catfish, so I broke up with her.

Chompus
    Chompus
    Participant
    March 12, 2015 at 8:30 pm #75293

I still play computer games and have had girls that I have met on them tell me that they like me more than a friend, but I no longer e-date because of what happened in the past.

Moving on to the real life me, I am the opposite in real life of what I am online. Online, I’m very confident when it comes to these kinds of things because it’s a lot easier to talk to a girl behind a screen and whatnot. In real life, I do talk to girls, but not as much as I would if I had met them online. This is mainly because I’m shy and don’t want to make an idiot of myself in front of them.

Last year, I got a job in retail, in a store which mainly sells women’s clothing (they do men’s as well, but not as much). Having been working there for a year, I have had a few crushes on my colleagues, but I had to eventually move on because those crushes ended up leaving for different reasons and me, being a shy idiot, didn’t get their numbers or anything.

Chompus
    Chompus
    Participant
    March 13, 2015 at 8:57 am #75294

About 3 months ago, a new girl started working in the same store and on the same floor as me. She’s a very nice girl, an amazing girl to be honest. When she started working, we talked every now and then; it was her who mainly started talking to me though, mainly when she needed assistance or something to help a customer.

Now, as time has gone by, we have gotten to know each other and have started being more friendly and talkative with one another. She normally starts up a conversation with me, asking me how I am, getting to know me, etc. Obviously, when she starts the conversation, I continue with it and keep it going. A few weeks ago, she asked me if I could swap my shift with her since both of were working on the same day, just at different times because she had a date. Since I had nothing planned and wanted to help her out, I said sure, baring in mind this was before I developed feelings for her.

RobbyM
    Participant
    March 14, 2015 at 5:42 pm #75375

First off I want to say that the dating world can be very tough especially if you have no experience whatsoever in interacting with girls on a different level in real form. In your situation e-dating is a release from the real world. Anyone can hide behind a computer screen and say whatever, but when it all comes down to it the old school “face to face” meet up always prevails. In your case i believe you have to build on your confidence and this starts with going out on more dates “with real women”.