I need some advice badly

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I need some advice badly

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

chris1433
    Participant
    September 18, 2017 at 11:48 pm #149459
    I need some advice badly

I’ve been dating this girl for a while she is very beautiful, great to talk to, and she makes me laugh. Recently I told how I felt and that I hope one day we could be more than just good friends or dating. She replied by saying that she has a lot of stuff to work out before being in a relationship, she’s seen many relationships fail throughout her family and is afraid it will happen to her and just be wondering when our hypothetical one will too, also she doesn’t want to require my validation for everything which she believes will happen to her. She told me she’s “figuring herself out” and will let me know when she’s ready for a relationship. I told her that I respected what she said and thanked her for her honesty I told that I care about her and am willing to wait.
    Here’s my dilemma how long should I wait, I’m enlisted in the Marine corps and am leaving in 9 months so my time to wait is limited I really care for her but what should I do? Thank you please let me know what you think.

jenzellers
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 12:40 am #149460

Hmm.. In my opinion I don’t think you should wait too long. It’s not fair that she’s making you wait forever while she’s figuring things out. Your life matters too, and like you said, you don’t have a lot of time. I say continue your life as is but keep your options open. Don’t invest all your time with her. She will come to you when/if she is ready. ..and I know you probably hear this all the time but there are a lot of amazing/ beautiful girls in the world, ones that are ready for a relationship, so don’t think she is the best you got.

Anonymous
    September 19, 2017 at 5:21 am #149467

Don’t make your life complicated maybe she’s really not ready or if u really love her then wait for so long its up to you

rexlincoln
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 11:52 am #149499

I’m in a similar situation myself. You’re faced with two options: Either you can wait for something that will never come and basically subject yourself to more heartache. Or you can tell her straight up that you can’t wait for her forever and if she can’t serious then you may have to end it. Stay strong, dude.

Something
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 1:50 pm #149519

Ask her honestly and see what does she think.

Catsmith30
    Catsmith30
    Participant
    September 22, 2017 at 8:12 am #149994

And i know that everybody wants loyalty,consistency and somebody who won’t quit.But everybody forgets that to get that person,you have to be that person sgtcatherinesmith22 @ g ma il. c o m

caolannb1
    Participant
    September 22, 2017 at 11:54 am #150025

Wait until you feel like you can’t wait anymore. If you care about her enough your feelings will still be there. She’ll be forced to make her decision if she knows there’s a time limit, and if you both really care about eachother that decision will be the right one.