I never kissed my ex girlfriend even when we were dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:38 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nrobe189
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 5:33 pm #137766

So I just finished up with my first relationship. I was dating an amazing girl which lasted 4 months, it was by no means a serious relationship, we never kissed, never had a phone conversation, and she never came to my house or anything like that. We are both pretty shy people and our college’s are far apart from each other as we started dating when we were at the same highschool, I still really do like her, but I’m over the breakup I think, it kind of had to happen. The thing that is annoying me is that we never kissed, and it almost feels like it’s overdue or something since we still talk and see each other from time to time. When we see each other we still hug the same way, and when I see her everything is exactly the same as when we were dating and I just want to do it, I thought about kissing her so many times but now I won’t know what it feels like. What should I do, I still get opportunities where we are close enough that I would be able to do it. I’m not sure. Thanks

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 10:14 pm #137775

I sympathize with this a lot. I was you once. I can’t tell you what will be best for you, but for me, the best thing was to move on to a girl that wants to be kissed. I wouldn’t kiss an ex that I’m on good terms with (or, for different but obvious reasons, an ex I’m on bad terms with) and I see regularly. You said the breakup had to happen? Then it’s time to move on. I know it’s frustrating. Maybe depressing. But you just have to get through it. Try to meet someone new. Don’t think about this girl. It’ll only hurt you and make you feel worse. I’m sorry. I know this isn’t the answer you wanted. I wish you luck in future dating.

dihahey
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 10:47 pm #137776

It is tough but you will meet so many other women and learn from each and every experience. What did you learn from your relationship?

nrobe189
    Participant
    May 27, 2017 at 8:15 am #137785

The breakup was not mutual, I still love her but she just lost feelings for me which is understandable. I’m surprised it lasted 4 months the way it was going. We had a talk about it and she said that she had hurt me enough and even if we did get back together, it wouldn’t be natural considering she currently has no feelings for me in that way. She said she still cares about me a lot though.

Oncopoda
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 9:13 am #138374

You never once kissed her? Guess what? She was never your girlfriend.