I never know if guys are interested

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 6:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

traveler
    Participant
    August 19, 2015 at 2:00 pm #84402

I am 35 and never had a boyfriend (no one’s wanted) so I have a lot of ignorance about dating or even if guys are interested or not.

I am on a long trip and things are looking up (meeting more people with similar interests?). I’d met one guy who was interested for sure but wasn’t attracted to him, I liked some things but not others, and it was not practical with logistics. We had a nice weekend though.

A month later I met another guy (this is amazing for me, I hadn’t met anyone in the 5 years before my trip I was interested in dating).
    Myself and this guy were travelling in a group of four on a sort of tour. Since the other two were a couple (and one was a bit power mad) we paired up a bit. Over the course of the month we spent a lot of time together and I realized what a great guy he was (typical for me as I usually take a long time before becoming attracted to someone). There were many small but sweet things happening that made another couple we met assume we were a pair.

traveler
    Participant
    August 19, 2015 at 2:09 pm #84408

When I told them we weren’t they asked if I was interested and I said yes, but I didn’t see signs he was interested romantically. We did all express our regrets that we weren’t able to travel longer together.

Each night we slept on floors close to each other so could have uh, logistically been easy to cuddle or whatnot, but that never happened. The last day we spent a good 10hrs in a car and very close, I even slept on his shoulder for a while. But he didn’t make any sort of move that was obvious.
    When we parted he did invite me to couch surf (he had also invited the others though), also that he would likely travel to my country next summer (when I will be back) and we just had an awkward hug/Latin cheek kiss thing.

He wrote the other couple immediately upon getting to his final destination but not me. After a couple days I sent a funny email and heard back quickly, I wrote a short text back but now no response for some days.

I guess what will be will be.

Nickf
    Nickf
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 8:31 am #84577

I think there definitely is a chance that he does like you. Is he a shy type of guy, does he date alot? The hardest parts of the beginning of dating someone for me is trying to read their mind and figure out what they are thinking. If we were to approach this from a purely logical stand point then i would say he isnt interested ( like if this was a potential employer that didnt respond you would just assume that you didnt get the job) but since dating is so emotional its completely illogical sometimes. I personally would wait a couple weeks and then if he doesnt respond back by then send him one final email just so you know for sure. i know alot of people will say dont send a second email because its a blow to the ego, its needy ect. But who knows what is in this dude’s head he might think that YOU’RE not interested. At least if you send him a second email and he rejects that too you know for sure. If hes not sure you’re interested maybe the second email will give him a clue.

Nickf
    Nickf
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 8:31 am #84578

Trust me sometimes these so called obvious signals that you girls give guys are completely lost on us

Question
    Participant
    August 24, 2015 at 1:58 pm #84641

Try to get around more people to gather some experience

NeedsAReference2365
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 2:58 pm #104530

i really find it more shocking to hear of a woman being single this long compared to a guy because women don’t have to be the initiators

hammersticks
    Participant
    July 7, 2016 at 9:28 am #104565

if they contact you, compliment you, flirt with you, look at you….

Jccheen87
    Participant
    July 9, 2016 at 1:52 pm #104789

hmm ..I got my boyfriend when I was 26 I just chatted him first ..

loveroflove
    Participant
    July 10, 2016 at 1:27 pm #104799

Ugh same.