I pushed him away out of fear & now I'm being ignored. HELP!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mellycruz92
    Participant
    November 8, 2015 at 3:08 pm #88107

I met a guy at work and we both had a crush on each other for several months. I kept my feelings to myself but he made his very obvious with flirting and other signs. We finally exchanged numbers and began to text and talk on the phone. He wanted to hang out but I kept making excuses because I was afraid. I had just gotten out of a relationship and the last two guys that I was with had hurt me in so many ways. I never gave myself the chance to heal. I was also worried that this new guy from work just wanted a fling and that’s not what I was looking for… it was also awkward getting involved with a coworker because people already sensed that something was going on with us and it was causing people to talk and start drama. He eventually transferred somewhere else for work but stayed with the same company. For the next year, we were in touch on and off… he would ask to see me and I would always turn him down out of fear… (continued below)…

mellycruz92
    Participant
    November 8, 2015 at 3:09 pm #88108

I also had a lot of other personal things going on in my life and did not feel confident or ready to start something with him… but I liked him A LOT and thought about him all the time. There were also a few times that I DID try to make plans with him but he never would. He would only want to spontaneously come to see me on his own time. Lately I have been really wanting to see him and have been trying to reach out only to be ignored. I finally called him from a different number and he answered and we argued about everything. He said that we were just two ships who passed in the night and that how can I be mad if he’s brushing me off now, isn’t that what karma is? And that I never kept my word with anything… I’d always turn him down. I understand his point of view but at the same time, I’m very hurt and angry. I may have hesitated to be around him but I always answered his calls and I feel that he knew I liked him the whole time… What can I do now? Please help.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by  mellycruz92.

mellycruz92
    Participant
    November 9, 2015 at 8:47 am #88109

Do I need to just let this go or is there something that I can do to fix it? He sounded pretty much over it even though he last reached out to see me only a month ago. Could he really be over it in just a month? Or maybe he never really cared at all and only wanted to sleep with me or something so now when I’m expressing my feelings and wanting to spend time with him, he’s backing off? Please, any advice would be helpful. Thank you.

mellycruz92
    Participant
    November 9, 2015 at 8:47 am #88111

What can I do? Please help!!!