I really don't want to speak to him now, what would you do ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lolabola
    Participant
    April 5, 2016 at 2:44 pm #97093

I met this guy through a mutual friend. We started texting everyday having a laugh so we arranged our first date for this weekend. Just to go grab a coffee or something. But he text me yesterday saying that he was working away from our city until Friday and he was going away with friends this weekend so the coffee would have to wait. I text him saying no prob we’ll do it when your free.

But I’m actually really upset that he cancelled. He made plans with me and now all of a sudden he is going away for the weekend. So it’s obvious he ditched me for his friends. He has been texting since last night trying to make conversation but tbh I really don’t want to speak to him or even go on a date now.

What would you do? I’ve never been stood up so I suppose it’s really hurt my feelings

coldturkey
    Participant
    April 5, 2016 at 3:26 pm #97098

Yeah it sounds like he did stand you up to be with his friends..even though he was going to be working too..BUT I’m sure after work he could have still met up with you…but decided to blow you off after work and go out with his friends. I would tell him how you really feel and you didn’t appreciate being blown off so he could be with his friends since he had already made plans with you.You tell him this and he will probably think that you’re blowing it out of proportion…which means he doesn’t see your point. Tell him the truth of how you feel and find someone else who will respect your time and not just bail after making plans with you.This would only be the beginning…this behavior of his…