I really like him, but is it too soon?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Jooles95
    Participant
    January 7, 2017 at 4:51 pm #122142

I have recently started dating a new guy, and he is absolutely amazing. He is a few years older than me (I’m 22, he’s 28), smart, funny, affectionate, and we just click perfectly. We started seeing each other about a month ago; after the first week, he went back to Spain for two weeks to spend the holidays with his family, and even then we texted all the time and Skyped for hours every night, ending up talking until as late as 3am without even realising it. Now he’s back, and we seem to like each other more and more every time we meet. Now, we always met up in public places, so there’s just been kissing (a lot of very, very good kissing), but I am starting to consider doing more, and that’s where I might need advice. In my last relationship, I waited six months before sex (we were both 18 and virgins) and I definitely don’t want to wait that long this time. But my mother always taught me to wait for several months not to give the wrong impression…I’m so confused! Help, please?

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 8, 2017 at 5:33 am #122149

Your mother is giving you out dated information. Even a month is considered a long time in today’s dating culture. Just make sure you’re both tested or use protection.