I ruined my first date :'( help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

xtephaniieee
    Participant
    June 28, 2014 at 8:33 pm #56553

I went on a date with a true gentleman to the beach,pier, then dinner. I was very hesitant about him because he’s younger. I didn’t really want to hold his hand but i later got comfortable and even paid for dinner. This guy has tried so hard to get my attention & take me out.He texted me that night, i replied, & didn’t hear of him for 2 days. I felt like i gave him such a hard time & i actually liked this guy!I regretted being so distant at first. Anyway, hes a pisces (a fish) & we always talked about that stuff since he’s into horoscopes. I’m an Aquarius and we always joked how i was a mermaid. SO 2 days later after not hearing from him I find this cute drawing with a mermaid & a fish and i sent it to him. He replied, “that’s me trying to reel you in.” I wrote back & never heard from him again. It’s been a week. I never thought I’d scare him away with this given how romantic he’s been with me & promising me a poem next time we met.
    btw, he’s a poet, writer & loves art
    DID I LOSE HIM?

xtephaniieee
    Participant
    June 28, 2014 at 8:39 pm #56554

this guy is perfect. Idk what to do. I wanna know, do you think I scared him away or he lost interest? It’s been a week since I’ve heard from him and I just cant seem to move on from it. I’ve never clicked with someone at this level.

OMNOMNOM
    Participant
    June 29, 2014 at 8:14 pm #56565

That’s really sweet that you sent him that mermaid and fish pic. Maybe he’s giving you a hard time back.

Did he kiss you? If he didn’t and it’s been a week I wouldn’t expect a call back. When a girl is resistant to my advances I cut my losses and move on so to save my dignity.

At this point I believe the ball is in his court but if you really want to get his attention you need to steal the ball and take control of the game. Try sending him a poem describing how u’d like to see him again, make it super cheesy, like something a 10 year old would come up with.

Good luck!

0ldhag
    0ldhag
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:13 am #56742

If a guy is interested he’ll show it one way or another. He is clearly not all that interested if he’s not responding to your texts.

Find someone who shows interest in you, without you having to pull it out of them.

onebigvon
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 9:56 am #56835

I disagree with the last comment. Sometimes men mistake your shyness for a lack of interest. Before you move on, call him or text him and be honest. Tell him that you want to see him again and apologize for being shy and/or distant. It will either work or it won’t. I think that honesty is the best policy. Trust me though, we men can be dense sometimes and not pick up on the signals that you are sending us. You may think they are obvious, but we are looking for definite signs that you are as interested as we are, or we may cut our losses and think that you are not that into us. Take out all the guesswork and tell him how you feel.

banafar
    Participant
    July 7, 2014 at 11:44 pm #56845

I think it’s better you put him in some situation and evaluate him 🙂

Anonymous
    July 9, 2014 at 3:58 am #56975

I am sure he is not interested, it was just a game, especially if he is younger than you. He’s not serious what he talks about, maybe it was joke or maybe a bet!

teez23
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 8:18 pm #57312

Give him some space, Let him contact you

Lifeinanutshell
    Participant
    July 13, 2014 at 12:09 am #57335

I agree that he doesn’t seem as interested as he could be. Someone who is completely interested will pursue that other person decently hard. Just learn from this and be aware of how you being nervous may come off. You will find someone else.

rex74972
    Participant
    July 13, 2014 at 1:30 am #57340
    Reply To: I ruined my first date :'( help!

Well, if he liked you, the first date shouldn’t matter. I messed up mine and my girlfriend and i are going great.