I still think about my high school crush.. did he like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 11:32 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Daydreamer920
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 11:07 am #165975

There was a guy in high school that I really liked – we were acquaintances but it seemed like he liked me because he would always say hi when we passed by even when I didn’t really know him initially and other hints like during a field trip he took my hand and led me to a spot away from everyone else to chat, it felt like a really special moment even though it was very innocent. Years later, we reconnected after running into each other and exchanged long in-depth, convos on FB over the course of a month. It was friendly, but it felt like we had a connection and he told me that he really looked forward to our convos. At one point, he asked if I was dating anyone. At the time, I had just gotten out of a long-term relationship and admitted we still hang out and pretty close and that the situation was confusing. Soon after I stopped hearing from him. Now it’s been over 8 years and I’m off the market but every so often I still think about him and what happened. I think I just need closure.

babiblu
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 4:00 pm #166009

Hi daydreamer! The only way to know is to ask him, but given it’s been so long, I believe it is better if you just give the whole situation a conclussion.
    He liked you, and probably wanted to get closer to you, that is why he asked if you were in a relationship, but your answer just drove him away, and you should not get mad at yourself for something that happened 8 yeaars ago. I know that it’s hard to just close that chapter of your life, but it is better if you do. The feelings he had back then, are not there anymore, so even if you found out what happened it does not matter anymore because everything has changed… 🙂 Guys are different from girls, we tend to keep things like this eating our minds for years, guys just look around and find a new target, so don’t feel bad about it …just let go!

Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 5:43 pm #166056

Simply text him and met in person, you will see the outcome.

lllllll
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 8:47 pm #166067

Go for it gurl. You will never know if you never ask

lllllll
    Participant
    February 20, 2018 at 8:48 pm #166068

I have this guy friend who I really like. We have been talking for years and he is dating my best friend. I have had feelings for him for a long time, but I wanted to be a good, loyal friend. In fact, when they broke up, I helped them get back together. I text him more than he talks to his girlfriend. We meet on the weekends but not for a really long time. A lot of our conversations have to do with competing with each other. We compete with each other for literally everything. I have tried moving on but everything falls short. I even tried pushing him away and getting into a big fight with him but he never gets offended. He’s so difficult to get mad at. I don’t even feel like making a move because he’s dating my best friend and they have more history together than I do with him. I can’t really avoid him because meeting him every week is a routine and something I have to do. What should I do?

Djsouthboi79
    Djsouthboi79
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 5:54 am #166072

fight with him but he never gets offended. He’s so difficult to get mad at. I don’t even feel like making a move because he’s dating my best friend and they have more history together than I do with him. I can’t really avoid him because meeting him every week is a routine and something I have to do. What should I do?

Evaluate yourself, weigh things up. Since, the best friend is in the middle, then, you must need to consider that factor. Are you willing to risk your friendship over that guy? Or, is your bestfriend more important than your feelings with that guy!

lllllll
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 10:17 pm #166168

I really can’t choose between both of them. I’ve known them both for the same amount of time and he and I both started off ad friends as well. They both are people I consider my best friends. Choosing between them is like asking a mom about which child is her favorite. There are times when I think he likes me too but is too afraid to actually admit it. Moving on seems like an advisable move. Any tips?