I think i received some signals from her, but i need advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Walter1982
    Participant
    February 3, 2014 at 9:04 pm #47134

I go to this supermarket on a daily basis. This very nice looking young lady at the checkout counter works there and for a while now i have been noticing things, things other women working behind the checkout counter don’t do. For example..if a customer is in front of me and she is helping him/her, she takes a brief glance at me, i’ve been noticing this and she seems to be doing this each time i go there. When the customer leaves and i’m next, she smiles in a way that to me seems like she is interested in me, and i am also interested in her.

I am trying to find the thing to say to her, not the usual ”hi” but something else. My bankcard was failing today and when i said ”well….looks like i need to get a new one…” she smiled and briefly laughed, while it wasn’t even that funny. I am not expecting to get into a long conversation with her, cause the store is always crowded,plenty customers behind me. Basically…what should i say? Something that makes it clear i like her.

WalkByFaith5933
    Participant
    February 3, 2014 at 10:27 pm #47136

First, do you know her name? I assume she has a name tag but you also need to make sure you introduce yourself so she knows your name. Then just make sure you make small talk, complement her hair/eyes/or personality, joke with her. If she is still showing that glimmer or excitement that your seeing, then I would offer to buy her dinner. That alone will tell any girl that you’re interested. You don’t have to say the words, “I am interested in dating you” or whatever. Dinner says it all.

Walter1982
    Participant
    February 4, 2014 at 7:46 am #47145

Thing is, this wouldn’t be a problem in a more quiet store, but it always seems crowded there. I am also just gonna admit that i really am not too good in those things small talk and whatsoever and with customers around it is even more…worse. Plus there simply is hardly time or room for small talk and also a bit rude for customers behind me if i start talking to her and letting them wait. Last year this store organized something called Supermarket Dating and it was on Valentines Day. They gave every customer that was interested in meeting someone a rose and then it was up to you to find someone while shopping. I did partake in this, but no luck. I did however give that rose to a lady at the checkout counter, but with no further intentions. It would be nice if the store does that again. Cause in that case i will give it to her and say something nice. I’d say something like”i’ve been looking around here, but you are the one i wanted to give it to and i’d then invite her for dinner.

obrien
    Participant
    February 5, 2014 at 12:01 pm #47229

I agree with WalkByFaith but I see a different approach since it is a crowded store. You could always just wait until the store isn’t crowded and ask or you could just ask what time she gets off work. And to work with the small talk conversation just don’t make it last too long, but remember have it in your mind that she DOES want you since it gives you that much more confidence.

undercoverlover
    Participant
    February 8, 2014 at 11:34 am #47446

You could always make a funny card, like businiess card but handwritten, with your number on it and maybe a joke about not stalking you or whatever, and tell her she can keep it, looks like you need a new one anyway 😉

Topper
    Participant
    February 9, 2014 at 2:21 am #47457

It sounds like you’re lacking in confidence from your posts. Women love confidence. Simply go up to her and be assertive. Be a little bit in-your-face.

“Hey, I see you looking at me each time I’m in line. Don’t think I didn’t notice. You know, I haven’t gotten your name yet.”

Go for it, man.

Walter1982
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:54 pm #47146

If the store doesn’t organize it, i will have to try your way. The other problem is, this could all be me, it could be in my head that she’s interested in me. The women working behind the checkout counter act friendly and smile at every customer, so it could be my imagination. And in that case it would be rather odd to introduce myself and compliment her, not to mention a bit awkward. But what i could do is what you said as well, small talk. Some very brief small talk. What i could do is…look at her nametag, cause i haven’t done so and then say ”Hi (name), my name is Walter and since i have been served her by you several times, i thought i could at least introduce myself. How are you doing?”.

I think that could be a really good thing to begin actually talking to her and without taking too long and annoying the customers behind me. Either way i should work on my social skills, its been too long that i just spoke to a girl around my age. I am sure this will help too.

jessetr
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:54 pm #47209

Women are very subtle in their flirting. If she looks at you twice, she’s interested. That’s the way they work.

Your situation is tough because she’s at work, and you DON’T want to mess that up.

Tell her, “Hey, I’ve noticed your smiling at me. You’re soooo much prettier than I am.” It’s unexpected and will probably make her laugh. Laughter indicates interest. That’s when you ask, real quiet now but looking directly in her eyes, “Hey, you’re alright. You single?” and cock your head while smiling.

Practice this in the mirror until you’re comfortable, then go for it! She can only say Yes or No.

Walter1982
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:55 pm #47279

Well the thing is, i really do think she’s interested in me. These seem like clear signals to me, but then again…women working at checkout counters smile and are friendly with customers 99% of the time. But they don’t glance at you when helping someone else and when leaving giving you a certain look. That said, isn’t it a bit strange to ask what time she gets off work out of the blue? A friend of mine, gave me some advice.

Cinema’s in my city has special vouchers that they offer, meant as a gift to give to someone you appreciate or simply like. He said to me…write a note with your phonenumber and then simply say to her ” I’ve been coming here a while now and i wanted to let you know that i think you are a very nice lady and i was wondering if you would like to go to the movies with me”. At that moment i give her the cinema voucher with the note. If she says ”Nah, rather not, sorry” fine, no big deal. But if it’s ”yes”, she’ll keep the voucher and we’ll textmsg later.

Walter1982
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:56 pm #47453

For some reason my replies don’t show up here at all.

Walter1982
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 5:56 pm #47454

I am not sure i understand what you mean. With bankcard i meant the ID card that you slide through a machine and then you put in 4 digits and the transaction is done. It’s not like i give this card to the cashier 🙂

But even then, i honestly don’t understand what you mean.