I think my relationship is doomed to fail.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

idkwhatswhat
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 10:32 pm #86214

I met my boyfriend last year, and we started talking the beginning of this year. The thing is when we started talking I only saw him as a friend, but as time went on I found I liked talking to him and missed him when we weren’t talking. I finally came to the realization that I liked him and we got together in April. He is great. He treats me well, never did anything to lose my trust, has a bright future as a navy officer, and we get along very well. The only issue I have is that sometimes I feel like I come in second especially when it comes to his league of legends. When he plays he doesn’t really reply and when he does he gets so distracted. We recently became long distance so when he plays every night we can’t talk. It makes me feel so insecure that I start to resent myself for being one of those girlfriends that consistently needs his attention. But when I think about it, he rarely ever shows me how much he truly cares for me. I don’t know what I mean to him. We’ve exchange “I love

idkwhatswhat
    Participant
    September 29, 2015 at 10:37 pm #86216

ve you”s but I’m not 100% sure if he meant it. I know he cares for me. He send good morning and good night texted every day, and he just does little things. But I want more. Long distances is hard enough and all I’m asking is for just a little bit more attention. I don’t mind him playing games, I just wish I got my chance to talk to him too. I’m not really good and talking about my feelings so it’s hard for me to bring this up with him. And lately I’ve been having break up scenarios. Where all I can think about is breaking up with him. Is this a sign? Or a cry for help? I love him, but do I really if I think about breaking up with him?

cashley
    Participant
    September 30, 2015 at 8:15 am #86227

You’ve been dating long enough to tell him how you really feel about him.. it’s okay to be up front and honest without backing him in a corner. Just make conversation that you just want to see where this going.. if not it will weigh heavy and destroy your spirit and turn you into a stranger when with him..

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 2, 2015 at 11:55 am #86391

Don’t let this eat at you, say something. If you honestly can’t seem to bring it up in person, try texting the situation even though it’s much better to do face to face. Some guys aren’t really the affectionate type, I had my fair share of one of those so I wouldn’t worry too much on that; if it really bothers you though, it’s best to say something, get the point across in any way you can — “closed mouths don’t get fed”. But try not to force the issue, guys don’t like to have to be forced into doing something.