I think they were dates…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I think they were dates…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:52 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Blindlove
    Participant
    July 6, 2016 at 6:59 pm #104578
    I think they were dates…

Met a girl online. We both have kids. Two days in a row we have been out. First it was just us.Second with the kids. Im not sure if we have feeling for each other. Again I’m new to dating. Been in two long term relationships so not much dating experience. Is there suppose to be feelings right off the bat? I mean I get excited when I get a text/call from her. And when we are together she gets close to me but then backs off and seems to put a guard up. But then again I felt a few times that I had my guard up. So I donno, again we just met about 2 weeks ago. Any advise?

coolchristian91
    coolchristian91
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 2:48 am #106306

I don’t believe you have to have feelings for someone right off the bat. I personally think it’s best to be friends first. It’s probably also easier. Maybe try going on a few more dates and see if there’s a spark.

Maged-84
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 7:53 pm #106329

I think you have got to know her more, you never know how she could be like

JohnTheStorm
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 9:57 am #106346

Take her out a couple more times and see how it goes. Your feelings about her may gradually develop. Also get more physical. From what you have posted it sounds like she is waiting for you to make a move although I could be wrong.

Anonymous
    July 24, 2016 at 5:19 pm #106362

I would say that it’s pretty impossible to know what you really feel about someone when you go on a date with someone new and kids come along. You don’t get to be your real self and nor does she. It’s probably not the smartes move to involve kids until you really know how you feel about someone. Since you are new to dating, it’s confusing to anyone sometimes. I always suggest to just ask the person so there is no confusion. Here is a simple guideline….keep saying yes until there is a no. Meaning…if you find that you keep wanting to see her…just let it be that and don’t over analyze it. You will know when a “no” shows up. So for right now, it seems there is a “yes” and nothing is stopping you from moving forward with her….so just go with that until something does stop you….and then you can deal with it at that point. Walls and caution are very natural and appropriate when you are first getting to know someone!