I think this is in a good spot, but mixed signals leave me unsure. Help!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nics2121
    Participant
    July 23, 2015 at 3:05 pm #83180

So I’ve been single for 5 years now (divorced), dating here and there but nothing serious. I honestly didn’t want anything serious for awhile. About a year ago I decided to give online dating a try. I met some great guys, but none that I saw myself “seeing”. A few of them later a month or so but nothing clicked with any of them. In late May, I “met” someone online. We started talking, then about a week later we met for dinner. I liked him! It went well and I saw him again a week later and have been seeing him regularly since. I really like him! I enjoy my time with him. I’m happy when I’m with him. When we are out, he holds my hand. We hang by my place or his, and he’s holding my hand or has his arm around me, and we always end up kissing. No sex yet, but things did get physical. I feel like more recent, I’m the one initiating contact. Sometimes things seem fine, other times I feel like he wants me to go away. We saw each other Tuesday, things were fine. Do I talk to him about this?

nics2121
    Participant
    July 23, 2015 at 3:08 pm #83181

Oh to add…we saw each other this Tuesday and things were fine! We made weekend plans. Then last night I text him (didn’t hear from him all day) and he said he had a bad day, normal reaction – I asked what’s wrong. He said he didn’t want to talk about it. I made it known I was there if he needed me then left it alone. Haven’t heard back since.

actuallyBiz
    Participant
    July 23, 2015 at 6:58 pm #83186

Maybe he is waiting for you to make the move because he doesn’t want to push any boundaries. Have you ever talked to him about this?

nics2121
    Participant
    July 24, 2015 at 8:21 am #83188

No…I have not approached the topic. I enjoy my time with him, and I’m worried that bringing it up may make him feel “pressured” into labeling what the 2 of us are together. I want to express to him that I really like him and stuff hoping it will hint to the convo and maybe trigger it, but every time we are together I chicken out.

Sujac417
    Participant
    July 24, 2015 at 3:43 pm #83212

I think you did exactly the right thing. He knows you care. You have weekend plans…see how it goes & take it from there. It’s sometimes hard to just go with the flow when you really like someone but in my opinon that’s definitely the way to go. Best wishes