I want another chance with a guy who rejected me. Do I have a chance?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 3:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DeterminedForLove
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 9:48 am #170668

We were dating for about a month. It was great he was texting me all the time and wanted to see me all the time. We were also intimate pretty early. (I don’t think this should matter much but I need advice) After about a month he was distant. Firstly I confronted him about it but not in an attacking way just to get on the same page and he told me we weren’t seeing each other exclusively and things were getting serious with someone else. we werent exclusive from my side at first but then I stopped seeing the other guy. I didn’t think he was seeing anyone either because we didn’t talk about it and we spent a lot of time together. We weren’t in that stage yet but should I have said something to let him know how I was feeling? Or did I confront him pre maturely? Anyway, I really like him and I was going to text him again around the time of the World Cup with some friendly banter around his interests. I did let him know he could reach out if things didn’t work out, but I don’t want to sit around waiting for him when I really like this guy and is just scared to make a move. What if he doesn’t gauge how serious I am or think I may have change my mind. Things seem pretty new with the girl, and I don’t know anything about them, but I don’t have that much faith in it. Do I have a chance or should I leave him alone?

ltd78146
    Participant
    April 16, 2018 at 3:17 pm #170765

I dont think you did anything wrong but also don’t think you should pursue things further. You seemed pretty honest about things given the situtation and he gave you a response. Whether that was truthful or what you wanted to hear shouldn’t matter. If you were to keep on pursuing him in some fashion it could come off desperate. He could either ignore you or realize he could use you if he wanted to because of how much you’re s into him. Sorry if that’s not what you wanted to hear.

Jenny_brains
    Participant
    April 23, 2018 at 5:25 pm #171443

Let him go. If he is interested in someone else it won’t work out even if you express how serious you are. The truth is, as you expressed, things with this new girl are still new. It is a possibility that things won’t work out but he will have a new girl by that time too. It try to look at things like this as “what would I tell my friend to do” and in this situation it would be value yourself and your time. If it is meant to be then maybe he will hit you up, if not don’t stress it because there are other ones out there ( as cliche as that sounds). If he is not putting time in to be with you than he is not really worth your time especially after you have been straight forward and honest about what you want.