I want him back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I want him back

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

insanenowadays
    insanenowadays
    Participant
    March 26, 2016 at 3:56 pm #96553
    I want him back

My boyfriend just broke up with me yesterday. I have heavy depression and anxiety and wasnt exactly raised to be independent. I relied on him a lot to keep me going through the day because he always told me hed keep me safe. But he was holding back. Him seeing my pain was hurting him so much. Next year hes going to the army amd he felt that i wouldnt be strong on my own and that even though he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, it was taking too mich out of him. He felt responsible for my pain and he has heavy morals to begin with. So he left, thinking that time alone would help both of us grow into stronger people. And i understand. But we both love each other so much. Ive never been so motivated. Ive made progress plans and everything and im confident that i can be the strong person i need to be in time. But i dont think it means us having to be apart. Were still friends but its not the same. His kisses, hugs, cuddles. Knowing that hes mine every morning and n

insanenowadays
    insanenowadays
    Participant
    March 26, 2016 at 3:58 pm #96554

Night. It gives me life. I just want to have that, a little taste of what can be to keep me going. I know i need to get better for myaelf and i am. Im working to have a happy life. But he happens to be a part of that happy life. Im just so scared that he’ll lose love for me. Scared i wont get him back. He is the love of my life and im aure im his. We complete each other. But we need to get stronger for ourselves. I just wish we could do that together.

Hunter17
    Participant
    March 27, 2016 at 12:46 am #96564

Keep trust on your love. Relationships all about trust. And yes you need to self-reliance and be independent. All love stories don’t end with a happy end. Even if he moves on with his life. You should also accept that fact and stay strong and move on with your own life.

amp
    amp
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 9:51 am #96585

I would let him know you understand that you need to work on things on yourself and you are going to get better with handling things. I would try to get your anxiety and depression under control so you can prove to him you got better. He is just concerned that you won’t be able to handle things when he is away out if the country which is understandable. If you can fix that I cant see why it wouldn’t work between you two. Best of luck!

caligurl_92
    Participant
    March 29, 2016 at 9:10 pm #96742

Maybe working on your own life and creating a life for yourself that will give you more sustainability will draw him to come to you again ( when you can take care of yourself in a stronger way). Then he won’t be feeling that he has to carry you as much, since you can already carry yourself! 🙂
    Best of luck.

tim1982q
    Participant
    April 12, 2016 at 4:13 am #97508

You need to be strong as a individual. That’s the first step. Hope everything works out.

JanaG
    JanaG
    Participant
    April 12, 2016 at 9:07 am #97515

The people who are meant to be in your life will always gravitate back towards you, no matter how far they wander.
    He will come back to you just believe in him!

aussiegay
    Participant
    April 18, 2016 at 3:30 am #98040

I hope everything works out for you.

valeriet
    Participant
    June 26, 2016 at 5:04 pm #104101
    Reply To: I want him back

I hope everything works out for you.Because the only way to forget all the work.

rasputinsix
    rasputinsix
    Participant
    June 26, 2016 at 10:34 pm #104106

I hope everything works out for you. I’m the exact opposite. I have an equal balance when it comes to whomever I choose to be but I never put myself in a position where I’m taken out of commission if I’m……………….. single. And there’s nothing wrong with that. You never know. This could be a blessing in disguise.

eljay
    eljay
    Participant
    July 5, 2016 at 8:02 am #104399

Honestly, he is gone and probably not coming back. He may love you but will eventually get over you and you must get over him. I was in the military. He sees that his life is going into a certain direction and he can no longer handle your mental issues. His love may have kept him around for a while but not forever. Instead of letting this get you down, let it pick you up. I am sure he was there for you to lean on but he needed someone to lean on. Get well so you can be the person that someone can lean on and that person can be there for you as well. Every one is sad during the time after break ups. I use that time to better myself, to heal, and to learn more about what type of relationship I want so the next relationship will be better than the last one even if it doesn’t last. find out what makes you happy and focus on that.

DGOMAR
    Participant
    July 15, 2016 at 11:15 pm #105443

The extreme reliance on him suggests a codependency issue to solve. There is professional therapy for that.

g-e-n-i-e
    g-e-n-i-e
    Participant
    July 18, 2016 at 8:54 am #105465

None of these people know nyhting bout this. Stop it now! Write in journls how you feel. Get work. Get mentlly well. Write down your progress. Shre the journl with him. Sty in touch nd DTE others! Keep your options open. Let him know you relly like him s friendship too. Best wishes der it hurts to lose love nd lose touch. I did it twice since November. One nightmre one mircle. I left the nightmre the mircle left me…