I want to ask this girl out but I am so afraid and have low self esteem

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:55 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jackjones101
    Participant
    October 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm #87091

I am an 18 year old male and i met this girl at work a long time ago and we got on quite well ( but she gets along well with everyone, which makes my situation even harder), unfortunately i was ill and was off work for about 8 months where we didnt have much contact. But we had only been talking a few times before then.

Now that i have come back to work she seems to be really flirty with me and i dont know what to make of it. Firstly, before i was ill, one night after work we finished at the same time and i waited for her to get her stuff and we walked out together and she was holding my arm as we walked out.

Now whenever she talks to me she seems to get quite close and smiles and looks me in the eye. I struggle to keep eye contact with her as quite frankly she makes me nervous. In addition to this, a few days ago we had out break at the same time, which is something that NEVER happens. I was already on lunch and she came and sat opposite me.

jackjones101
    Participant
    October 19, 2015 at 8:08 pm #87092

(I RAN OUT OF WORDS) She had mentioned she was trying to lose weight, to which i said that she didnt need to at all. She smiled and said i was the first person to say that to her, and that everyone else says ” yeah maybe just a little bit” kinda thing. After, she asked me what my type was, my answer was “i dunno really, dont have one”. In my head i was saying to myself, “describe her” but it just wouldnt come out. there was another woman in the room who said to me “is she asking you what your type is”, i said “yes” and she said “why are you interested?”. the girl just smiled and looked down, she didnt say no ( which is good right)? My issue is, she is a really confident girl and wouldnt show the sort of shy behaviour that others do ( i dont think). and part of me just thinks that she is just being nice. also, i have a very low self esteem and am quite overweight so it is very hard for me to believe that any girl would find me attractive.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  jackjones101.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  jackjones101.

jackjones101
    Participant
    October 20, 2015 at 8:31 am #87094

(RAN OUT AGAIN) she liked some thing on facebook that said about “bigger guys dont get enough body positivity, sometimes a bit of a belly is nice to cuddle with” (something like that). Really looking for advice here. I am planning to ask her out but i am so scared to do it and know i will probably chicken out. also bear in mind, I am really quite nervous around her but slowly becoming a little more confident each time i talk to her. when you see a hot girl you think “yeah shes nice” or whatever but with this girl its different. no girl has made me feel nervous like she does

jackjones101
    Participant
    October 20, 2015 at 8:31 am #87095

she liked some thing on facebook that said about “bigger guys dont get enough body positivity, sometimes a bit of a belly is nice to cuddle with” (something like that). Really looking for advice here. I am planning to ask her out but i am so scared to do it and know i will probably chicken out. also please remember i have very little self confidence and this girl makes me really nervous. usually around pretty girls im ok but she is different, i struggle to keep eye contact with her sometimes and i get quite nervous

Dreezo
    Participant
    October 20, 2015 at 12:54 pm #87128

First of all I’m hearing that dad bods are in, if you think you’re chubby dw. I had the same problem as you but the girl wasn’t as touchy (a good sign). When she asked you your type, was it kind of sudden or did it fit with your conversation. Another thing to look out for is how much she laughs at your jokes. Anyways, signs are looking good and I think you just need to convince yourself that you deserve and have a shot at it. If you’re going to have a break soon (like a week holiday) you might want to do it then, that way you can have time to recover if things go bad and that should ease the pressure of you telling her. Just be confident as it sounds like you’re in, good luck and let me know how it goes please 🙂