I want to, but don't know if I should.  And if I do, how?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

I want to, but don't know if I should. And if I do, how?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SnakeDad
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 3:05 am #96337
    I want to, but don't know if I should. And if I do, how?

There is a young woman who works at a Petco that I would really like to ask out, but (1) I have some concerns, and (2) I’m not sure how to go about it.

First off, I’ve been single for a couple years, after an 8 year relationship and I feel like a Neanderthal when it comes to dating. I’ll add that I’m 38 years old, and this woman is in her early to mid-20’s. I find her very attractive, but what really makes me want to go through with this is a shared common interest that we have: a love of reptiles. It is a very rare thing for me to meet a woman who likes reptiles, and even keeps snakes as pets. Also, she remembers me when I visit the store, talks about her pets and asks me about mine. She hasn’t mentioned anything about a boyfriend either.

My concerns are (1) age gap, (2) should I ask at her job?, (3) I’m rebounding from some recent life events and don’t really have it all together, plus I have kids. I feel like I might have too much on my plate for her to be interested.

SnakeDad
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 3:07 am #96338

Oh and if I decide to go for it, what’s the best way to approach her at her job?

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 24, 2016 at 10:57 am #96352

Hello. So how often do you go to the store? I mean if that is the only place that you see her…well obviously there is no other place to ask her out but at the store. Maybe you could bring it up in just general conversation? The age difference…well if she is in her mid 20’s..you might just want to keep it very light since you have stated that you have kids and if she is in her mid-20’s with no kids…well she might not understand your comitments that you have since you’re a parent.Also the fact that she has yet to mention a bf ..well that doesn’t mean that she doesn’t have one….If you guys have chatted a lot eventually I would think that she would mention a bf BUT if she hasn’t yet…then take a chance.

SnakeDad
    Participant
    March 28, 2016 at 9:51 am #96575

I only go in there once every 2 or 3 weeks. She recognizes me every time and we chat a little if there isn’t a line at the register. She has a boyfriend though, so no luck. Oh well.

caligurl_92
    Participant
    March 29, 2016 at 9:13 pm #96743

I bet you can just ask her out for coffee or looking at reptiles at a pet store, asking her for help or something like that and just ask her if she’d like that. Don’t mind the age gap at first. If it isn’t an issue for her, then it shouldn’t be an issue for you. But how can you know about how she thinks about the age gap if you don’t ask her out ? 🙂

//
    edit:

Oh never mind, I saw now in the thread that she already has a boyfriend. But maybe this advice could be of help in a similar situation in the future. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  caligurl_92.