I want to get this girl to like me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:24 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

beatvol
    Participant
    February 19, 2016 at 3:46 pm #93957

I added a pretty girl who lives near me on Facebook. We both went to school together, but never spoke. I started the convo with a “Hello” and she responded back the same with a smiley. We said how we were doing, and then the convo ended and we went to bed. Two days later I said that she looked nice and mentioned school/college. We talked for about 5 mins on what we wanted to do in life and we both mentioned we had ex’s that were not very nice.

So the conversation isn’t going amazingly in my opinion? I have to start it and she goes offline without saying anything. She has a kid so I understand if she’s busy. Iwant to message her and know more about her, but I don’t want to keep starting conversations as she might think I’m a creep. I would say I am a good-looking confident guy.What should I do? I’m really attracted to her and she makes me feel really happy.

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 20, 2016 at 9:54 pm #94008

You physical attraction to her makes you feel really happy? She doesn’t seem all that interested honestly. You could just ask her out on a date, if she says she can’t because of her kid (a go to deflection), then she’s probably not interested.

amj1979
    amj1979
    Participant
    February 21, 2016 at 7:30 pm #94032

My initial read on the situation is to agree with other posters that the girl doesn’t immediately seem interested. You’re doing all the contacting and asking of questions, etc. However, most girls want a guy to be assertive and do the work in the beginning. If you’re attracted to this girl you should absolutely ask her out. Worst-case scenario is she says no, but if you don’t try you’ll always wonder. Go for it and good luck!

beatvol
    Participant
    February 21, 2016 at 8:09 pm #94034

My initial read on the situation is to agree with other posters that the girl doesn’t immediately seem interested. You’re doing all the contacting and asking of questions, etc. However, most girls want a guy to be assertive and do the work in the beginning. If you’re attracted to this girl you should absolutely ask her out. Worst-case scenario is she says no, but if you don’t try you’ll always wonder. Go for it and good luck!

I have been pretty assertive though? She’s not on facebook that much, or she comes on for like 2 mins then goes off so I can’t really get anything good going. I just assume she is busy with her kids or work. I don’t have a job, I just sit here and chill all day.

Gurogen
    Gurogen
    Participant
    February 23, 2016 at 7:46 pm #94216

She’s not interested

floundering97
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 1:45 am #94959

She seems to see you as a friend from old times, don’t see anything beyond that.

teamscon
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 10:31 am #94964

Facebook is a bad place to hit on girls.

firefall2
    Participant
    March 4, 2016 at 3:18 pm #94979

I agree with amj1979 girls want guys to be assertive . Think about it she has to think of her kid now if she gets
    involved . And she needs to know your in it for the long haul. Do something unexpectedly nice but a small gesture like hey i had this extra pizza u guys can have and just walk away . Make her wanting u is the key.gl

joyce
    Participant
    March 6, 2016 at 6:21 pm #95080
    Reply To: I want to get this girl to like me

Try to initiate contact with her more in real life than in facebook. Look for her body language. Figure out if you have a chance or ask her directly on a date.

thenotorious
    Participant
    March 6, 2016 at 10:58 pm #95092

if a girl is interested she will talk to you all the time, and she would tell you if she was busy

louy65
    Participant
    March 9, 2016 at 9:59 pm #95324

Try being friends first, offer to help out with her kid if she needs it, start little and take your time. See if she would like to hangout a little, don’t get head over heels for her. Also, she might be dealing with stuff with the dad of her kid, also she may have a few trust issues if the father to the kid just left her.

LostinLove007
    LostinLove007
    Participant
    March 9, 2016 at 10:47 pm #95330

Maybe you should invite her to an event nearby. That may interest both of you and you may see her there. To start conversation. You don’t have to go like a date but meet her there

Green2711
    Participant
    March 9, 2016 at 11:06 pm #95335

Since you don’t really know her now, perhaps just ask her out for a coffee and a catch up but let her know if she is busy then no worries as this will at least get you a reply and make her feel less pressured. The worst that can happen is she will say no but seeing as you don’t know he very well anymore then it’s not the end of the world, is it? Not having a job will not look great however since it comes across as lazy, unmotivated and not very ambitious and since she has a child she will be looking for someone who can provide most likely but I don’t know either of you so all you can do is ask and go from there. Good luck, buddy!

rjdan
    Participant
    March 10, 2016 at 1:40 pm #95402

Get a job, get some money, take mother and child out on emotional roller coaster trip; wundabar!