I want to get to know this girl but the situation is difficult!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 12:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lilyachty
    Participant
    January 14, 2018 at 8:28 am #162404

Hey, so I recently developed an interest in this girl in my area. I’m 17 years old, driving, employed, and in highschool. This girl I am interested in has no idea – she goes to a different school and is a year younger. I grew up as next door neighbors with her for 11 years, so she knows of me, but I moved years ago and we have hardly talked, if at all, over the years. She had a boyfriend for a year, but they recently broke up around a month ago so I know she is single and probably looking for a relationship.

I really want to text her, as I already have her added on all social media (ex: snapchat, instagram), but we haven’t talked in forever so I feel like randomly texting her “hey” or something out of the blue would be weird to her. My biggest question is: how should I go about reaching out to her? We’re both friendly and would say hi if we saw each other but have VERY few mutual friends and go to different schools so I won’t really see her around. Thanks to anyone who responds! 🙂

edi
    Participant
    January 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm #162409

Well I think that you should give it a try and just text her and say hi ! If you think she will find it kind of weird maybe you could try and start a conversation with her next time you meet her in person. Just ask her how she´s doing and try to chat for a bit. If it goes well maybe you could start texting her to keep talking

xmeza123
    Participant
    January 14, 2018 at 10:16 pm #162426

Just text her!!! Go for it

Jeyna
    Participant
    January 16, 2018 at 8:59 am #162434

how should I go about reaching out to her
    first, you can like or comment her posts – not all, only those that are meaningful to you.
    Just a few publications are enough.
    Then you can inbox her a comment on a picture to start the conversation – eg she has a picture with a background you know, like a restaurant you remember.
    You might go “hey, saw that picture of you at (restaurant),- do they still make the (whatever meal you enjoyed there) – do you remamber the time this happened there?
    Or whatever else brings good memories.
    Then you can ask what she did there, and get the conversation going

Ccd777
    Participant
    January 18, 2018 at 9:47 pm #162805

Just talk to her like you would to a girl who likes you but you dont necessarily like back. Like just be yourself and dont be awkward or seem to needy about it. If she is in to you to then you will know when you talk to her by how she replies and acts when your with her and if not just move on. But tbh if you’ve known her that long and she hasn’t given any kind of sign of interest in talking to you then it’s most likely not gonna happen now and if so you should maybe try a different approach how you act towards her. Don’t be nervous or shy, just be yourself man, if it’s meant to be it will be and if not don’t kill yourself over it, it’s plenty of fish in the sea brah

Cindy007
    Participant
    January 19, 2018 at 3:18 pm #162890

Be brave and you have nothing to lose. At least not trying is always a loss if you know what I mean.

Lilyachty
    Participant
    January 24, 2018 at 9:40 pm #163334

I ended up texting her a while ago, we briefly talked and then I think she went to bed or her snapchat wasn’t working – she didn’t open my text for about 24 hours, so I sent her streaks hoping for a response. She opened it all soon after and never responded, so I’m back to square 1. I’ll figure something out eventually, but I did text her and we were friendly.