Ice Skating Advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Ice Skating Advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:48 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mark
    Participant
    January 3, 2015 at 1:40 am #69822
    Ice Skating Advice

Hey so I am going out on a third date with a girl to an Ice Skating rink. We have had two dates before, the first was quiet coffee and the second was formal dinner at a restaurant. She is a very quiet and shy girl but I think she had a good time. Here are my concerns.

1. Should I change our plans as to where we are going? I called to ask her out and she seemed pleased to go but three things she said threw up warning flags for me. First she said ‘I am not very good at skating’, second ‘I don’t have my own skating shoes’, and thirdly she let me choose between the options of roller blading and ice skating. Also she had previously mentioned that she was fearful of ice skating boot blades but I think she may have been slightly kidding. She has an unusual sense of humor. Does she sound apprehensive about ice skating based off of what I have told you? Should I text her and ask if she wants to change plans?

Mark
    Participant
    January 3, 2015 at 1:44 am #69823

2. She is very shy, quiet, reserved, and introverted. Our conversations have been a little quiet and at times awkward. We both have had good times though. She has also previously stated that she gets more talkative when she gets comfortable with people. Our ‘ touch barrier’ has been limited to shaking hands, fist bump, and accidental brushing against each other briefly. Should I attempt anything else yet or wait?

3. I am a hopeless romantic (damn INTJ inside!)…any advice for making a good third date? Should I get her flowers?

4. When I called her today our phone call was very brief(like 2 minutes) and was very formal and business like. Should I try to be more informal and casual with phone calls?

Thanks so much for your help guys!

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    January 3, 2015 at 4:48 am #69827

Hey Mark, so dates should be fun and exciting. If she’s really that nervous and apprehensive about ice skating maybe suggest something else. One of the best dates a guy took me on was to the zoo ha. So something like that would have you guys talking and perhaps you guiding her to see past the crowd (touch factor there) Do you live near a zoo?could be an option. Is there anything she has mention that she’s into that you can turn into a date?

As for phone calls try and keep them light and flirty, she maybe more comfortable with texts and could be why she seems business like on the phone.

Try holding her hand, as she seems quiet and the nervous type not sure about a kiss,but I do think a kiss is ok on the 3rd date. You have been the perfect gentleman so far. Good luck:)

rafterman
    Participant
    January 11, 2015 at 6:20 pm #70283

Becca’s right, I’ve actually taken a couple girls to the zoo before and its actually a ton of fun – just commenting on strange animal behaviors and stuff like that. I’ve also had success with taking girls to museums/planetariums, followed by chucky cheese – it sounds weird, but the girls I took got a kick out of playing skee ball and other ridiculous things – you can be playful and show your competitive sides.

HVW_Mark
    HVW_Mark
    Participant
    January 12, 2015 at 7:13 am #70285

I really feel like you’re reading into this too much.

First she said ‘I am not very good at skating’,

What was her tone like? Worried or half joking?

To me it just sounds like she’s not very good at skating. This is great for you because either 1) you’re good so you can beat her at a goofy comp or 2) You both suck so you can both suck together and itll be fun laughing at yourselves

second ‘I don’t have my own skating shoes’,

I really think this just means she doesn’t have shoes. Unless they dont do shoe hire in your country

thirdly she let me choose between the options of roller blading and ice skating.

This is standard, you’re the man, which means she wants you to make decisions and take charge of dates. Pick one, she doesn’t care which, she just cares that you pick one.

Good job on a creative date. Good luck!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by HVW_Mark HVW_Mark.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by HVW_Mark HVW_Mark.

waiting4snow
    Participant
    June 23, 2016 at 11:29 am #103934

Ice skating is a great date idea, especially for shy people! And especially if they are not very good at it. Where else would you have a legit excuse to hug your date? And feel vulnerable and have fun?

vwbenzlambo
    Participant
    June 23, 2016 at 2:21 pm #103938

I agree with waiting4snow, she isn’t good at ice skating and you are, you can impress her by teaching her how to skate.