Ideal Way to Meet Women

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Ideal Way to Meet Women

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:17 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    January 29, 2015 at 11:38 am #72196
    Ideal Way to Meet Women

So I live in a very small town, about 45 minutes away from any towns that are big enough to actually have legitimate places to visit in them. I’m a very shy person at first, and I’m not sure how to go about meeting people in such a small town. I’ve asked two people out before from my town, but both didn’t really materialize into anything. I guess my question is: how or where is the best place to meet nice women? Should I look at online dating? Are there places in a small town to look at? Any help would be great! I’m just really trying hard to find somebody, because I do think I could be a good catch for someone. Also, a part 2 to this question: should I look for something casual or for someone I can see myself with long term? I’ve been asked before when I’ve turned down girlfriend ideas from friends “What are you looking for, a wife?”, but ultimately, I sort of am. I want something to stick and not just be a fling. Once again, all help is appreciated!

independant
    independant
    Participant
    January 29, 2015 at 11:16 pm #72226

Does your town hold events? If there’s small things like conventions or even a party your friend is hosting, that’s probably the best way to go about it in my opinion. Online dating would be the next best option, but I usually prefer knowing the person rather than finding them on a website – but that’s just me. As for part 2, you should look for both. Don’t mean to sound harsh, but it’d be impossible finding somebody you can have a long-term relationship with right away. I suggest having a few casual relationships and if you like the girl, then maybe consider talking to her about long-term. Hope this was somewhat helpful.

Expat
    Participant
    January 30, 2015 at 1:00 am #72231

Online dating is great. We live in a modern age where the whole world is connected by the Internet. This opens dating possibilities which were never possible in the past. Imagine growing up in your small town before the Internet! There’s no reason not to try it. If anything, it could be a big esteem booste for you which in turn will make it easier to meet and date women in your day to day life.

buttery1230
    Participant
    January 30, 2015 at 1:14 pm #72239

Most Parishes have groups. I would look into attending some of those

dmj106
    dmj106
    Participant
    January 31, 2015 at 12:38 am #72298

You know Expat, I never thought of it that way. It does seem like online dating could really be a big self esteem boost, which could really help me in my daily life when interacting with women!

Tnguy
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 5:49 pm #72849

It seems this problem exists everywhere. You are in a small town and there are not very many people, events, etc. People in large towns say it is impersonal and overwhelming ….. I know this is a bit stark but you have only a few choices: You have to use the options available locally (as mentioned in other posts) or relocate if you feel it will increase your chances and it’s important enough to you. Keep in mind relocating is a major effort and try to assess your chances of success vs. where you are today.

mwest29
    Participant
    February 8, 2015 at 6:07 pm #72852

Maybe get involved in a church (if that is your thing). Otherwise, local events (fairs and such). Do you have any coffee shops or little book stores? Go to the bigger town and hang out at a coffee shop or some similar place. If you’re looking for a wife, then say that you’re looking long-term. If they don’t like that, then I wouldn’t think they’re looking for something serious and long-term.

WilliamLion
    WilliamLion
    Participant
    February 11, 2015 at 9:43 am #73172
    Reply To: Ideal Way to Meet Women

If is was so easy….

sandramangut
    sandramangut
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 7:47 am #73273

You should either use your town’s event to meet them or online but be careful with online dating it can be very shaky at times okay.

Bell86
    Bell86
    Participant
    February 12, 2015 at 10:17 am #73292

online dating, join a club or maybe arange a night out with friends, book a tour, hooliday weekend away with friends, thats always a great way to meet new people!

johnny5isalive
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 1:04 pm #73565

How old are you, perhaps you could go to the bigger town thats far away on weekends and go out drinking and stay in a hotel or b&b? I have a similar problem except i don’t live quite that far away from a major town but I don’t even live in a village I live in the middle of no where. I think as others have suggested meeting people in real life is better.There is online dating now which can be a life saver for some people. However be prepared to be frustrated with it, I’ve been online dating for years and not actually been on many dates at all (2 in fact). It seems like you have to type exactly the right things and getting even to the meet up stage I found hard. One piece of advice you need a very good profile picture of you smiling I think, its essential.

DKing3
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 3:38 pm #73578

Yeah man just be aware, that with online dating, there will be a crap ton more misses than hits. Make sure your first comment to em is something more that just a “Hi” and be prepared that even if they answer back, they may still leave annoyingly short comments and not take much interest. That is my experience at least.

LilDeezy1987
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 10:41 am #73664

online dating, church, the park, coffee shop, etc there are lot of places you can meet women

GIJoe1986
    GIJoe1986
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 12:47 pm #73671

I have had the same problem before and I Honestly would try meeting a girl in some of the places you like to go hang out where chances are she shares at least the one interest with you. as for your part two sometimes a casual fling will turn into something more. I have friends who are now married for almost 10 years and still happily so that met as a blind date and they decided to have a casual relationship and as they got to know one another better it deepened and now they are married.

mpenney
    Participant
    February 18, 2015 at 9:30 pm #73685

ive always heard church was a good place

1 2